[SOLVED] Astro Binding: Moonphase suddenly jumps to wrong phase WANING_GIBBOUS instead WAXING_GIBBOUS?

Hi all,

I am on OH 2.5-snap build #1484 and found that the moon phase switched at least one day too early and it switched from WAXING_GIBBOUS directly to WANING_GIBBOUS which is absurd because these phases are never consecutive??? It should at least switch to FULL being the next phase in line …

Here is the “grep” on GIBBOUS from the events.log … It always sets the right moon phase at system start from NULL to WANING_GIBBOUS but only at midnight of the 20th January 2019 (last night) it sets (during run time - no restart!!!) the value from WAXING_GIBBOUS to WANING_GIBBOUS and now it keeps this wrong value?

2019-01-18 22:57:32.800 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from NULL to WAXING_GIBBOUS
2019-01-19 06:48:52.829 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from NULL to WAXING_GIBBOUS
2019-01-19 11:45:47.242 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from NULL to WAXING_GIBBOUS
2019-01-19 18:26:49.496 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from NULL to WAXING_GIBBOUS
2019-01-20 00:00:30.013 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from WAXING_GIBBOUS to WANING_GIBBOUS
2019-01-20 06:48:49.742 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Moon_Phase changed from NULL to WANING_GIBBOUS

Find below my astro binding config files:

astro.things:

astro:sun:home [ geolocation="49.xxx,8.xxx,100", interval=600 ]
astro:moon:home [ geolocation="49.xxx,8.xxx,100", interval=600 ]

astro.items:

String      Moon_Phase           "Mondphase [MAP(astro.map):%s]"                      (gAstro) {channel="astro:moon:home:phase#name"}

Any idea what went wrong here?

Cheers
Justus

There was an eclipse last night?

Yes, it was!

And today is full moon!

@ohb1138

Please also check your item, now. My item is telling me now: “full moon”.

I also had a change from WAXING_GIBBOUS to WANING_GIBBOUS, yesterday.
Yesterday I wondered why I missed the full moon. (I usually become a werewolf :smiley: :smiley: )

2 Likes

Hello Celaono1,

yes today it switched back to Full Moon. Seems that it was only a hick-up :slight_smile: !
I also thought that I was healed with no more driveling, peeing at trees and biting virgins all the night :wolf: … but it seems that my hope was in vain :rofl:

I guess we’ll never find out what happened. I am happy that I was not alone with this …

Good luck with your destiny, I live with mine :deciduous_tree: :wolf: :woman:

2 Likes