[SOLVED] Can't install mysensors 2.4 binding

Hello, I tried installing mysensors binding 2.4 by dropping jar file in addons folder and restarting openhab, but when server restarts i get following error message:

2019-01-19 10:10:32.637 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.mysensors

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [262]

2019-01-19 10:10:33.471 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [262]

2019-01-19 10:10:43.551 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I know next to nothing about JAVA so i have no idea what the problem could be. Neither can i find anything on the fora. Iā€™m running openhab 2.4.0-1 release build. I preveously had mysensors binding 2.2 installed (wich did show up in paperUI). Any advice is welcome. Allready tried removing and installing again. Allso deleted all mysensors things and item files i had from previous 2.2 binding but still no result. I got the jar file for the binding from here: http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

When i use openhab console => bundle:diag i get this output:

openhab> bundle:diag
MySensors Binding (263)
-----------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jdt.annotation)";                                                                resolution:="optional"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.tran                                                               sport.mqtt)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               )"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               .handler)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               .config)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               .converter)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               .discovery)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors                                                               .factory)"
Declarative Services

dont know if this helps

I found it, after installing MQQT binding it works. But for future reference how can i see wich dependencies are needed?

Since you obtained ajar file from somewhere, where ever you got it from should have a readme or documentation telling you what the prerequisites for the binding are.

When an add-on is installed through PaperUI or one of the other admin UIs, it automatically installs the prerequisites.

2 Likes

Im having the same issue. Cant get the binding to show up in paper ui so i can configure it.

This is my output from bundle:diag

openhab> bundle:diag
MySensors Binding (233)
-----------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=gnu.io)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jdt.annotation)"; resolution:="optional"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.handler)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.config)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.converter)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.discovery)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.factory)"
Declarative Services

Can anyone give me a clue. This is on a fresh install on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3. Java is updated to java8-201 JDK.

Im getting mildly desperate as MySensors runs a significant portion of my system.

Thanks
Dave

PS MQTT is installed already

1 Like

Here is the output when I try and start the binding manually.

openhab> bundle:start 233
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 233: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [233]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

Hi,
Did you follow the instructions here: https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/wiki/Installation?

especially: 4.) In the console enter feature:install openhab-transport-serial and feature:install esh-io-transport-mqtt .

That did itā€¦I forgot to do the esh-io-transport-mqtt

Much appreciated. Thanks

No problem, I made the same mistakešŸ˜„. Are u using mqtt gateway or other type? Because there seems to be an issue with the mqtt gateway in the binding (at least for me). The developer is looking into it, see OpenHAB Mysensors binding 2.4: cant get mqtt gateway online | MySensors Forum. Greets

After an openhab update from 2.5 to 2.5 Build 1595, I got the same problem as you had in the beginning.

But I cannot install the ā€œfeature:install esh-io-transport-mqttā€:

It says:

feature:install esh-io-transport-mqtt
Error executing command: No matching features for esh-io-transport-mqtt/0

And for:

"feature:install openhab-transport-serial"
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
        Error starting module.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or a solution? :slight_smile:

I had the same issue after updating to 2.5.0.M2. Instead of

feature:install esh-io-transport-mqtt

I used