[SOLVED] Connection to OpenSprinkler Binding

Hi all, having a connection issue with OpenSprinkler. Seems pretty straight forward but its not finding the pi i have it running on. It’s on the same lan as my openhab build but running on a separate pi. in my opensprinker app the ip address is 10.1.10.7:8080. i have put that in with and without the 8080 in the binding setup in paperui. i have the port set at 80 in the binding. password is opendoor even though i do not use the authentication. and refresh 60.

i setup on simple switch as an item and added it to the sitemap. i get this in the log:

[hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'opensprinkler:http:0a365875' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not get the station channel 2 current state from the OpenSprinkler thing. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not create a connection to the OpenSprinkler.

any ideas?

thanks!

Have you tried setting the port to 8080 in tne binding?

Can you change the opensprinkler port to 8282? for example and set that in OH?

Hey Vincent, i tried this:

10.1.10.7:8080 and then port 80. that actually worked! it connected! i could still not get the switch to connect but at least opensprinkler showed “online”.

but wait, then it didnt. now it shows offline. and i get this error in the paper ui thing:

Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Could not get the station channel 1 current state from the OpenSprinkler thing.

then i get this in the log:

[hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'opensprinkler:http:0a365875' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not get the station channel 2 current state from the OpenSprinkler thing. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not get the station channel 1 current state from the OpenSprinkler thing.

2018-06-26 12:28:13.998 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Station01 changed from NULL to OFF

hmmm…

I don’t know that binding nor use it. I was just stating the obvious in my previous post. Sorry

Bumping…

Was the issue ever resolved? I am considering OpenSprinkler, but want to see if others have been successful connecting and using the binding from an OpenHAB installation separate from the device.

Hey Harpo3! Yes, i have it working in 2.4. I connect to opensprinkler with the pi binding. I have it set to turn a valve on daily at a certain time. i use opensprinkler for that setting and turn the valve on. openhab reports that the valve triggered and i can manual control the valve through my sitemap.

Hi Clint! Thanks for your response. I found a Piface binding (OH 2.4.0-1), but not Pi. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3B for my OpenHAB server. Is this a beta binding?

Hey Harpo, i use the opensprinkler binding and then there is an opensprinkler pi bridge that used that is part of that binding. hope that helps.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

1 Like

10.1.10.7:8080 and then port 80. that actually worked! it connected! i could still not get the switch to connect but at least opensprinkler showed “online”.

I had the same issue, where the thing went offline with the message of:

OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR *Could not get* the *station channel* 6 *current state*

The binding was configured with port 8080. So, I changed it to port 80 which brought the whole thing offline, then switched back to 8080. It then came back online. What triggered the error status?