I’m trying to (as yet unsuccessfully) translate the astro binding to turkish. I am using the Paper UI to configure my system.
I have created a file astro_tr.properties, saved it next to the already existing astro_de.properties. The file gets correctly picked up and used for translation. All well until this step
What I could not get to work is using proper turkish characters. I tried using
discovery.astro.sun.local.label = Yerel güneş bilgileri
and saved the file as UTF-8. This results in broken display of characters, as if each byte is rendered for itself.
Then, I tried using
discovery.astro.sun.local.label = Yerel güne\015f bilgileri
and saving the file as ISO-8859 as all the other translations files in the smarthome source tree. 015f is the UTF-8 codepoint for the desired sign. Still no success, I see just the backslash and the 015f shown in the label.
Interestingly, the very same character is displayed correctly in the /start/index page . This page seems to explictly set its encoding to
text/html;charset=utf-8, whereas the paperui only uses