I’m using OH 2.5.11 and I noticed that suddenly my SMTP-mail-thing stopped working. I’m using that to send me alerts and errors, therefore it took some days, that I noticed it’s not working anymore.
The thing is configured properly and “ONLINE”.
I’m using following code to send a mail:
val mailActions = getActions("mail","mail:smtp:16158a15")
mailActions.sendHtmlMail("firstname.lastname@example.org", "subject", "html content", attachmentUrlList)
But now retrieve the following error message:
[ERROR] [untime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'carport movement': An error occurred during the script execution: Could not invoke method: org.openhab.binding.mail.action.SendMailActions.sendHtmlMail(org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingActions,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String) on instance: null
So, obviously first thing I double-checked the thing id, which is correct and as mentioned it’s online. So I also disabled and re-enabled the thing, but it didn’t change. Then I tried to get some more debug logs, maybe I got the command wrong, but following doesn’t add any new logs:
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.mail
Does anyone have a hint what could go wrong or how I could get more information?
Oh man, didn’t expect that, as I’m just filling that a line above with some image of my cam. But yes it seems like that’s the issue that the cam connection is broken, when I remove this optional parameter it works.
Thanks a lot, I thought it’s somehow related to the smtp instance.
Yes,but you do not want the email to contain the text “file:///C:/openhab/conf/html/carport/ipcamera.gif”. You are expecting the sendmail to go off, find that file, and put the contents of that file in your email.
So if it cannot find the file, or cannot encode the file content for mailing, it will blow up even if the actual attachmentUrlList variable is populated. Blowing up with ‘null’ is not I would have expected, though.
Maybe whatever prepares the file is taking longer than it used to.
Yes you’re right, sorry I already marked my comment deleted parallel when retrieving your answer, as it worked then.
The root-cause was obviously an issue in the ip camera not ending the write of the file correctly. Unfortunately, the fix was to reinstall the ip camera binding as well as re-creating the ip camera thing and restarting OH… not really satisfying as a solution path, but it works.