[Solved] Demo sitemap issue - Outside Weather text colour

Thanks, that does indeed remove the warning.
I think the demo.sitemap has a few broken parts as there is no weather data being gathered e.g. the chart isn’t working either. For me, it would have been helpful to have had a fully working demo as a starting point, but as this project sems to be moving so fast, and has so many ways of doing the same thing, I can understand how it became this way. The learning curve is very steep, and is littered with speed bumps such as these!

1 Like

A big criticism of OH is how slow it moves.
Home Assistant releases a whole new version every 2 or 3 weeks.
OpenHAB is definitely more stable and flexible though.

From an outside perspective, the pace of development does seem to be fast, and confusing! For example, many posts state that the use of text files is depreciated, and to use PaperUI, yet others disagree. Which way to go? I thought the new embedded MQTT would be the right thing to use, only to learn last night that it’s no longer being developed : use mosquitto! I’m not criticising in any way, but when a novice starts with zero knowledge, it’s difficult for them to pick the path of least resistance.

I did consider using HA, but OH seems to support more of my devices. I’m a linux user, so I prefer slow and stable over constant updates! (Yes, I abandoned Win10 for that very reason!)

You are reading a forum, old threads don’t get deleted, bindings do change,…
Take MQT binding for example, you will find lots of posts for MQTT, most do not give a version number. Chances are high that those posts reflect MQTT version 1.
That is the downside of a forum, yes it can get confusing, but there are users active here to help overcome such problems.

1 Like

Agreed!
I remember a few years ago Solaris server admins being mad due to an OS bug that required a reboot every 360 days. That rebooting messed with their server up-time that had been measured in years.

I used to be a Solaris admin :nerd_face: and I too got annoyed when the electricians made me turn off my Linux servers with 3 years uptime!! I’m far more chilled these days :sunglasses:

1 Like