[SOLVED] Error entry by HABMIN: MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f6173f81390>

Hello,

since 24th of April I get following errors in HABMIN, when I select a thing in the configuration screen to show its data:

2018-04-26 19:08:40.412 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet, genericType=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet.

2018-04-26 19:08:58.580 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet, genericType=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet.

2018-04-26 19:09:05.528 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

2018-04-26 19:09:23.976 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet, genericType=class java.util.Collections$EmptySet.

Has anybody an idea what the root cause is? Maybe this error causes something not working … so I would like to get it disappearing.

I can’t remember exactly which snapshot of OH 2.2 I used at that day, but today I updated to the last snapshot and the messages still appear.
Thanks for any help, Siggi

Forgot to mention, that in PaperUI oder Sitemap (BasicUI) I don’t get these errors.

Interesting, I’m seeing this too since a while but did not realize the relationship to HABmin.
But your are right, just tested it and as soon as i open HABmin showing a thing I get the same error message.
Although everything seems to work fine we should ping @chris to have him take a look at it …

I’ve seen this for quite a while… there are a lot of 404 and 500 responses from just a single selection…

I used log:set OFF org.glassfish.jersey to hide them, but forgot to check to see if it had been resolved in another snapshot. I think this probably deserves an issue.

Hello @chris , I have today updated to OH stable release 2.3 and still get the error message about the MessageBodyWriter. Have you an idea what this means and how it can be avoided? Thanks!

Sorry - I missed this previously. I’ve just had a look on my system, and I can’t replicate the problem. Currently I’m running an older 2.3 snapshot from April on my production system, and an up to date in my dev, and it’s not showing anything so I’m at a bit of a loss to know what this could be at the moment.

The 404s are possibly caused by requesting configuration for channels that don’t have any configuration (although I can’ see the URI in your image so I’m not 100% sure).

Are you saying though that these are consistent with the error that is reported in this thread, or is it a separate observation? If it is causing the error, can you grab the URI so I can see what’s up?

Thanks.

Let me know if you need anything else…

Same issue reported above. I changed the logging to keep the errors from spamming the log. Been happening for a while… at least a few months.

I don’t think either of these issues are related to HABmin - please see my comments on the git issue…

I have this issue as well. I can only replicate this when navigating through Things within Habmin.
I´m running OpenHab 2.3 stable. When I ran 2.2 stable, I did not have this issue.

I think this was fixed in a later version of ESH, although I’m not 100% sure. Have you looked at the git issues to check the status? For sure it will still be an issue in 2.3 since the issue was only reported after 2.3 was released.

No worries.
As mentioned in another thread, I see no symptoms from this error. So I guess I can live with it.

I just checked the git issue, and it is solved if you use a newer version -:

Yeah, I guess I´ll wait for the next stable release.

While you’re waiting, you can hide the errors with… log:set OFF org.glassfish.jersey

1 Like

I could, but I dont really want to. If it take a few months for the next release, I would have forgotten all about hiding this error :slight_smile:

FYI I also have this issue. Hid the log as suggested by @5iver

If you update to a newer version of openHAB and it will be resolved.

I’m on 2.3 and everything is working so ill wait until another stable comes out. Its only cosmetic as far as I can see.

I’m not so sure - I suspect that it means some data is not returned via the REST interface, so you may find some things are not working - just keep this in mind if you have problems :wink: .