(SOLVED) [ERROR] '<>' operator is not allowed for source level below 1.7

Hi guys,

I’m in desperate need for some assistance here. I am new to java, eclipse and maven so this may be a very simple thing to fix. I have developed this little binding that works fine when running it from IDE, however, when building it with maven I get a bunch of error messages saying “is not allowed for source level below 1.7”. Both eclipse (preferences, java, compiler) and the projec (project properties, java compiler) is set to JavaSE1.8.

Initally I thought there were something wrong with my pom, but even there it says and set to 1.8.

Any ideas of what I’m doing wrong?

I am on OH2.

Best Regards,
Cato

[ERROR] C:\Users\Administrator.HOME\openhab2-master\git\openhab2-addons\addons\binding\org.openhab.binding.broadlink\src\main\java\org\openhab\binding\broadlink\internal\discovery\BroadlinkDiscoveryService.java:[84,-1] 4. ERROR in C:\Users\Administrator.HOME\openhab2-master\git\openhab2-addons\addons\binding\org.openhab.binding.broadlink\src\main\java\org\openhab\binding\broadlink\internal\discovery\BroadlinkDiscoveryService.java (at line 84)
[ERROR] Map<String, Object> properties = new HashMap<>(5);
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^
[ERROR] ‘<>’ operator is not allowed for source level below 1.7

Hi,
It appeared I had a few dependencies that were not needed, and after removing those it worked like a champ. Best guess is that one or more were compiled for < 1.7 hence the error messages I got.

Best Regards,
Cato