[SOLVED] Failed downloading Marketplace entries: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

This worked for me as well. I didn’t have to mess with permissions or anything like that using the mv command.Thank you.

Yep, just unzipped on PC, copied jars over to /tmp via FileZilla, then did the mv via putty.

EDIT: Hmm…weird, after a reboot not long ago, I’m now getting parsing errors.

Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,3]

…and now the ParseError has mysteriously stopped. NVM. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Solved it after a bit of troubleshooting…maybe it helps someone else…

I forgot to update the JAVA_HOME-variable, so it pointed to an old installation (1.8.0_151). After reinstalling Oracle Java 1.8.0_181 and pointing the variable to the new installation. The error message is gone!

Instructions:

After rereading the entire post quite a few times

@Kai posted my solution it seems I needed to download a different set of files for openhabian running on a rpi (zulu embedded)

Once downloaded these files unzipped perfectly on my rpi and used sudo mv too move the files too the java home directory listed above a quick restart and all errors gone

Please help the “less experienced” by making a simple “how to” guide to fix this problem, I tried the above mentioned solutions (used and downloaded @Kai’s recommended files from post #14, the commands from post #41, tried to fix permissions per post #44) but it only introduced more errors.

I use openHABian on RPi and Mac OS SSH to copy/paste files to the Rpi

@Arnaud_Catz Im not sure if this will help and im far from an expert here im still a linux begginner myself alli did was

1. start a new ssh session

2. Change your directory to home

cd
  1. Download the zipfile (I used the one linked below as im running openhabian on my RPI but there is a different one that just gave me errors )
sudo wget https://cdn.azul.com/zcek/bin/ZuluJCEPolicies.zip
  1. Unzip the file
sudo unzip ZuluJCEPolicies.zip
  1. change directory to the unzipped file
cd /home/openhabian/ZuluJCEPolicies
  1. move the two java files too the java home folder
sudo mv local_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
sudo mv US_export_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
  1. reboot your system
sudo reboot
13 Likes

You are the best! Your tutorial fixed the issue, many many thanks for making it easy for me!!!

1 Like

I’m Glad i could help its normally me asking for help around here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I officially promote you from “asker” to “helper” :grinning:

1 Like

i do always try when i can i have been stuck frustrated myself doing this stuff many times its nice to return the favour

@Arnaud_Catz you are pretty new too OH how are you finding it ?

1 Like

I have been using OH2 about a year now, very happy with it up until the “marketplace-bug”. I mainly use Node Red as my rule engine to link my Daikin AC as a heater (with a Marketplace binding) to my Tado room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves to make an efficient and user-friendly heating system with a high “WAF”

The most Important thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also faced the “Failed downloading Marketplace entries: : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure” error.
I have an Openhabian-Zulu installation.
I downloaded the Java Cryptography Extension from Oracle, extracted the 2 .jar files on my Windows PC and then FTP them to /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security on the OH board.
After restarting OH service, the errors are gone.

That was an easy one…

Thx for your detailed help!!!

1 Like

it was a pleasure i’m glad its helping some people :slight_smile:

Thank you for this!

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

Tbh when i was writing it i thought who cares about this everyone will know this

but the responses have already encouraged me too think about writing up more stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks alot!

1 Like

A short summary for Windows PC users who are running openHABian on a Raspberry :slight_smile:

• Download the ZIP from Oracle to your Windows HDD
  • copy it (for example with MobaXterm) to /temp/ on Raspi
  • then execute the following commands
  • sudo unzip jce_policy-8.zip
  • cd UnlimitedJCEPolicyJDK8
  • sudo cp local_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
  • sudo cp US_export_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/

After that restart the openHAB service or do a reset (sudo shutdown -r 0)

Now the error message should be gone

2 Likes

Indeed indeed… Thank you kindly!

1 Like