I’ve bought on Amazon, 24 units of FIBARO FGDW-002-1.
I own a Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb with openHAB 3.3 on a 250GB SSD via USB and I use a Aeotec Gen5+ USB pen for the Z-Wave communications, as well as two Aeotec Range Extender 7.
The house have a Cave floor (where one extender is placed), a Ground floor (where the RPi and Z-Wave pen is placed) and a First floor (where the second extender is placed).
I am using multiple switches for lights, blinds and blackouts from Simon brand, Serie 100 iO, which communicates via Z-Wave and act also as node repeaters, since they are main powered.
So the Z-Wave networks works without problems.
These are the steps I did so far:
- Installed Fibaro sensors one-by-one, using the “discovery” option within OH and 23 where found (one was never found, the sensor was clearly openned and used before so it was returned to Amazon as defective)
- After having them in the system, 20 of them I could setup the different channels with items (status, temperature, battery power, etc.) - some have less than 50% battery
- Only 10 I got information from (and not even consistently, because sometimes they do not transmit data)
- 11 units never sent any information (so everything is NULL for those)
- 2 units never properly connected to the system (channels were never available)
- Tried multiple times to reset those 13 units and reconnect them to OH, never worked (sometimes I even waited days to see if somehow it would start communicating)
- After a full month without success, removed those 13 sensors from OH and then connected the Aeotec USB pen to a PC and used the PC Controller (previously known as Zensys Tools) from Silicon Labs, to be able to declare as Failed and then remove those failed nodes completely from the USB pen
- Tried multiple times to reconnect the sensors to OH after that, but now they never even show up in discovery mode nor directly on the PC Controller software
So I am sitting here with 13 units that never actually worked (more than 600€) and countless hours already lost trying to connect this.
This is unbelievable and I never thought it would require such difficulty to simply connect some basic sensors.
I’ve worked with many different sensors from different brands, communicating via WiFi, ZigBee and 433Mhz and none of them ever gave me any headache, but these are simply a real pain and I will surely NEVER again buy these, since it is just a huge waste of money.
Now, since I cannot simply return this because it has already gone too much time since I bought it (something like a month and a half), I need to know what can I do to be able to connect this to the system since I will not simply have 600€ sitting there wasted in 13 expensive sensors doing nothing…
Any help will be obviously much appreciated.