[SOLVED] Fibaro Rollershutter 222 - No updates on manual switch

Bought mine more than a year ago and all 9 FGR-222 I am using are showing 25.25 firmware version.

Main differences in configuration:

3: Blind position with Fibar Command (for Lamella support)
10: Venetian Blind Mode, with Positioning
14: Toggle Switches
50: Associations Active

I did compare your xml with one of my FGR-222, but did not spot any obvious difference.

network_e117085e__node_13.xml (17.0 KB)

Since I am using venetian blinds I need lamella support and therefore parameter 3 and 10 are set accordingly.

@Atsz: Since you are not using lamella support, there is no need to set parameter 3 to Blind position with Fibar Command, try changing 3 to Blind position with Z-Wave command. (the xml you provided states:

<int>3</int>
                  <configurationParameter>
                    <index>3</index>
                    <size>1</size>
                    <value>1</value>
                    <readOnly>false</readOnly>
                    <writeOnly>false</writeOnly>
                  </configurationParameter>
                </entry>

and it should be set to (from sihui’s xml):

<int>3</int>
                  <configurationParameter>
                    <index>3</index>
                    <size>1</size>
                    <value>0</value>
                    <readOnly>false</readOnly>
                    <writeOnly>false</writeOnly>
                  </configurationParameter>
                </entry>

You’re right @Chri46, but I’ve already tried both values for that parameter. I just forgot to set it back to Z-Wave command…

setting parameter 3 to Blind position with Fibar Command the fibar proprietary reports you are observing are triggered.

to collect full logs please in karaf run

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave 

and upload the openhab.log to Z-Wave log viewer while using the HW switches.
The log viewer significantly improves readability and helps troubleshooting.
after collecting logs:

run log:set DEFAULT org.openhab.binding.zwave 

Ok, so it’s been a while but I finally could try starting from scratch (delete all Z-Wave things, install new binding, add things again) using the latest version of Z-Wave binding (2.4) and now all my Fibaro Rollershutters report manual interactions. Thanks for your help!

@Atsz:

Which version of 2.4 exactly?
Are you using parameter 3 “Blind position with Fibar Command” or “Blind position with Z-Wave command”

I’m using “Blind position with Z-Wave command”.

The binding version is 2.4.0.201808271154.

(I just realized that there’s a new release available in Chris Jackson’ post: OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY )

Do not use the version from this thread - just use the latest 2.4 snapshot version.

The thing is I’m using openhab 2.3 stable, so I guess it’s correct to manually install 2.4 binding using the jar file, isn’t it?

Yes, but as I said, do not use the version from this thread - use the 2.4 snapshot version.

Ok, I misunderstood you. I will install the snapshot.