[SOLVED] Flashing of CC2531 doesn't work

Hi,

I’d like to flash a CC2531 usb stick, as described in the zigbee binding documentation using Win7.
Therefore I downloaded the tools from the TI website (the USB driver was a bit difficult to find) and started the TI flash programm. My CC2531 stick was discovered, but when I try to flash the file, I always get the error message “Flash file overlaps with the bootloader”.
Any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Thanks,
Jürgen

I finally managed to flash the firmware. It took a while till I found out that the flash device and the zigbee stick have to be connected to USB at the same time.:smirk:

I have the same USB module. I bought it for my 6LoWPAN project as I have several CC2538s and I wanted to sniff the wireless traffic but the USB module was not detected by the SmartRF Protocol Packet Sniffer

What I did:

• Installed the SmartRF Protocol Packet Sniffer
  • Plugged the CC2531 USB Evaluation Module Kit to my computer
  • Ran the SmartRF Protocol Packet Sniffer
  • No hardware found…

What did you use the CC2531 for?

Hi,

I’ll use it for various Zigbee devices: Hue Lamps, Osram Lamps,… The stick is plugged into my raspberry.
At the moment I didn’t have much time, so I was only able to pair one of te Osram Lamps, it seems there are some issues with pairing Hue lamps, Tint Lamps (bought at Hofer/Aldi) or the Centralite door contact. The lamps are recognised by the Hue Bridge so it should be possible to get them working anyway.

1 Like