[SOLVED] FritzBox Tr064 binding - problem resolving external call number to name with a Google-synced phonebook

Hello, I write because I have been using for a long time in my Openhab system the Fritzbox TR064 binding that recently was improved with new features.
The binding worked always pretty good but in the past I couldn’t use the resolving external call number to phonebook name feature because it could work just with the Fritzbox default phonebook and I use a Google-synced phonebook.
According with the last documentation about the binding (in the “binding documentation” section)
https://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/fritzboxtr0641/readme.html
now it’s possible to set the phonebook id to use in the resolving function (and it’s explicit written that this configuration value is useful if you use a different phonebook (like a Google-synced phonebook).
OK, my first problem was to find the phonebook id of my synced phonebook, it was not so easy as I could hope but I did it and here is my (auto)solved post about that:

Then I used both the possible id I found related to my synced-phonebook in the Fritzbox TR064 configuration file but when I make a call the item gives me always just the info about caller/called number and the message “Name not found for”.
If I use the default Fritzbox phonebook, with id=0, the resolving feature works and when I make a call the item gives me the resolved name and the info about the caller/called number.
Could anybody set this binding in such a way that the resolving feature works with a Google-synced phonebook?

Hello
I set the phonebook ID to 1 and it works with my external phonebook at web.de
Google I can’t test because I have no contacts there.

Hi Steffen,

thank you for answering.

I’ve already tried with phonebookid=1 but the resolving feature doesn’t work for me with that value. Until today I tested, for my phonebookid parameter, the following values:

• 0: the resolving feature works and uses the contacts saved in the Fritzbox internal telephone book;
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 240: the resolving feature doesn’t work (the reason why I tried the values 1 and 240 is explained in the linked discussion of the post n.1).

Surely I could keep on trying with the following numbers (12, 13, 14, …), but I think it should be an easier and more logical way to find the id the Fritzbox assign to the Google-synced phonebook.

Do you have any more idea?

Today I create a contact in my Google Account. Run through the Google setup and set the ID in Openhab fritzbox config to:

fritzboxtr064:phonebookid=2

It works without any problems.
Here are the Log:

2018-10-29 22:37:17.564 [WARN ] [ing.fritzboxtr064.internal.Tr064Comm] - No tr064 service found for service id urn:WLANConfiguration-com:serviceId:WLANConfiguration3
2018-10-29 22:37:17.564 [INFO ] [b.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - FritzboxTr064 Refresh Service has been started
2018-10-29 22:37:17.565 [INFO ] [tzboxtr064.internal.PhonebookManager] - Downloading phonebook ID 2
1 Like

Hi Steffen,
thank you to keep on trying to help me with this issue. Finally, after reading your last post that confirmed to me that this feature works, I decided to spend some more effort to solve my problem, and now it works.

First of all I noticed that your configuration was different than mine, yours was

fritzboxtr064:phonebookid=2

and mine was

phonebookid=1

I hadn’t the prefix “fritzboxtr064:” in any row of the configuration file, binding was working anyway but I decided to change the configuration file in order to make it more similar to yours (I’ve researched a little and I found that Openhab2 creates a new fritzboxtr064.cfg file in the service folder when you install the binding with PaperUI - I installed it in this way - and in the configuration rows don’t appear the prefix “fritzboxtr064:”).
While changing the configuration file I had an idea: maybe the resoving feature was not working because of the way the binding searchs the numbers in the phonebook, and that was the point of the problem: in my phonebook many numbers were entered thought Google Contacts but originally with the smartphone, and the smartphone software used to automatically add spaces inside the telephone numbers.
It is a known issue, and it is reported here:

At the end I changed the phonebook configuration row in this way:

fritzboxtr064:phonebookid=1

and I modified some of the telephone contacts in the Google-synced phonebook erasing the spaces in the numbers, I tried to make a phone call to a number inserted in my phonebook and finally I could see the resolving feature working with my Google-synced phonebook.
It took so much time and it was such a little thing about spaces inside the numbers, I feel sorry for this but I’m very happy that now it works.

Thank you a lot for your support, Steffen.

Bye.

Great! Nice to hear that.