[SOLVED] Getting weather binding to work in OH2.4

I’m running OH2.4 on an RPi3 and I’m trying to get the weather 1.13 to work. I installed the binding through PaperUI. Stopped OH2 and edited weather.cfg and gave these settings:

apikey.OpenWeatherMap=myapikey
location.home.name=home
location.home.latitude=xx.xx
location.home.longitude=-xx.xx
location.home.provider=OpenWeatherMap
location.home.language=en
location.home.updateInterval=10
location.home.units=US

I restarted OH2, saw no errors in the console. My Items are defined like this:

Number outside_temperature "Temperature [%.2f °F]" <humidity> {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current"}
Number outside_humidity "Humidity [%d %%]" <temperature> {weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=humidity"}

And the Items have been added to my sitemap. I only want to display these values. I added couple of rules to log when updates to the items occur, but nothing is ever written to the log. I forgot to put the binding in debug mode, I’ll post whatever I see there, but if anyone has any ideas, I appreciate it.

Here’s what I found in the log:

org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: weather : Parameter 'location.<locationId1>.updateInterval' empty or in wrong format ('"10"'). Check openhab.cfg.

I don’t have an openhab.cfg, in the services directory, only weather.cfg and that is as I have already posted. I did find a file in /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/weather.cfg and it has these contents:

apikey.OpenWeatherMap="b76e8e2c07034dfc7f4c7fcbfca3c33f"
location.<locationId1>.language="\"en\""
location.<locationId1>.latitude="42.03"
location.<locationId1>.longitude="87.74"
location.<locationId1>.units="\"US\""
location.<locationId1>.updateInterval="\"10\""
location.home.language="en"
location.home.latitude="42.03"
location.home.longitude="-87.74"
location.home.name="home"
location.home.provider="OpenWeatherMap"
location.home.units="US"
location.home.updateInterval="10"

service.pid=“org.openhab.weather”

As you can see, this has the offending line, but I hesitate to edit this file as it’s auto generated and my changes would likely be overwritten.

Shut down OH, then delete that file and restart.

That did it. Thanks.