[SOLVED] Google assistant can not add OpenHAB anymore

Well labels are not required for openHAB, but more or less for the Google Assistant integration - as clearly the documentation states.

As an alternative the metadata attribute [ name="Kitchen Lights" ] can be used.

Otherwise, the device can not be assigned a name - which ofc will not work.

Thats what I thought as well…
Michael, do you have any comments on why Google will respond with the setpoint and not the temperature when asking for the temperature, only for some thermostats, (in my example, 12 equal themostats, but two of them google continue to respond with the setpoint).

Right now, no. Do you have any insights of maybe the set mode could influence that behavior?
Are the any slight differences in the configuration? Are the thermostat items itself showing the correct values?

Not really… I set the mode manually from a rule, where I monitor the telestat. If telestat is ON, I set the mode to “heat”, and if the telestat is OFF, I set the mode to “cool”.
I do have to test if this happens when the mode is set to “cool” or “heat” or both.

Nope, the setup 100% equal. Only difference is the item label.

Yep, all working as they´re suppose to.

Its pretty weird. Others seem to have simular issue.

well i noticed that mode is missing both in basic ui and google home app ,when not working.

If mode is present it works as expected.

I tryied to manually add mode in google home app which makes answer correct again ,but it “dissapears” .

Hi all,

After a lot of tries I finally managed to reconnect openhab to Google home.

I followed these steps as decribed by @noooz:

but for some reason it worked for me… When trying to link openhab again I got the OAuth2 screen, entered my credentials and the linking process went through.

It might be worth mentioning that in all my previous tries I never found this page:
https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking

So at least in my case that what did the trick I guess.

Thank you very much!