[SOLVED] Group Item "changed from 0,0,100 to ON"

Hi guys I just updated to 3.2 stable yesterday…

I created a group-item to change two bulbs in the same lamp simultaniously…
I’m getting this log entry over and over without any change to the related items

[INFO ] [hab.event.GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'gStandsBulbsColor' changed from 0,0,100 to ON through LightStands1Color

I think OH tries to change hsb or rgb values to item states, color-items can have a hsb/rgb value and an ON/OFF state as far as I know.

Does anyone know how to avoid this behavior?

Here are the Item definitions:

bulbs

Color LightEntrance1Color "HSB Color" <none> (LightEntranceColor) { channel="mqtt:topic:MosquittoMqttBroker:RGB-Bulb-01:hsbcolor" }
Color LightEntrance2Color "HSB Color" <none> (LightEntranceColor) { channel="mqtt:topic:MosquittoMqttBroker:RGB-Bulb-02:hsbcolor" }

group item

Group:Color:AND(ON,OFF) LightEntranceColor (gLightEntrance) ["Light"] 

thanks

No, they can only have an HSV state, which can also interpreted as ON/OFF etc.

It’s telling you the Item that passed an update to your Group, but you haven’t shown us that particular Item or the parent Group definition?

1 Like

ahh sorry copy and paste error…

the belonging entry should be

[INFO ] [hab.event.GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'LightEntranceColor' changed from 0,0,100 to ON through LightEntrance2Color

but I think I found the answer by myself…

there shouldn’t be an :AND(ON,OFF) in the group item’s definition…

this stops the unwanted events immediately after removing it…

Makes sense. To process this AND function, the aggregator must examine the update from a (Color type) member, then convert it to ON/OFF type. Then pass the result to the Group state, but convert it back to HSV.

1 Like

Yes :wink: finally I realised that after reading my own post :see_no_evil:

In germany we say “you can’t see the woods because of the many trees” :wink:

thanks anyway