[SOLVED] HABPanel sluggish

Where to find this addon?

Do I miss something?
Even on the brand new OH 2.5 stable I don’t see any habpanel-filter addon.

there is no such official addon, it is build custom by me. link for download is somewhere in the thread above both for 2.4 and 2.5.

Thanks!
Found it on Post 27 (dropbox).

Do I need both habpanelfilter and ui-habpanel or can I use the official ui.habpanel from s.5 stabel as well?

EDIT:
Sorry, never mind… :smiley:

Does this work with nested Groups as well?
(I would like to put all required Groups into the Group_HabPanel_Dashboard)

It does work for groups, but it does not forward any nested groups. All required items/groups need to be marked by the Group_HabPanel_Dashboard.

Alright - thanks a lot for this solution!
I am really keen on seeing my (slow) tablet at home showing up the panel lightning fast :wink:

If I would have a wish, I would like to choose a custom Group name (like G_HabP).
But that’s just nice-to-have

:slight_smile: yes, there are some plans, unfortunately they are all on hold because of my tight schedule. :frowning:

Don’t worry. :slight_smile:
I greatly appreciate your efforts!

It seems, that even with filtering, my Habpanel still loads all items.
When comparing
http://OH-IP:8080/rest/items-filtered
with
http://OH-IP:8080/rest/items?recursive=true
it’s a 1/6 th of the full items list.
The Webbrowser Debug still mentiones “items” are loaded and it takes 6 seconds.

In the details of the items analysis I see items, which are not in the group Group_HabPanel_Dashboard
Do I need to activate this somewhere?
(I just copied the two addons in the addons folder and don’t use the officcial habpanel of the 2.5 stable release)

EDIT:
Damn, I am an idiot. I called the “static” webside.
After using
http://OH-IP:8080/habpanel/index.html#/view/Home
it mentiones items-fltered

However, it’s still slow.

Which brings me to another feature request :slight_smile:
2 (or more) independent filter groups (one for my phone, which is fast enough), one for the wall tablet (which is slow and just requires a few items)

Well, it appears to not work at all in 2.5 release.
I just upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5 and copied the files for 2.5 release (albeit SNAPSHOT)

I drop them in the addons folder and wait. HABPanel breaks totally. Red message Lost connection.
Paper UI is also broken with Jetty Not ready yet.

I removed them, stopped OH, cleared cache and tmp and restarted. Everything back to normal albeit slowerer :frowning:

Any chance of an upgraded version for 2.5?

I did find this in the log:

23:22:00.845 [ERROR] [org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors ] - Following issues have been detected:
WARNING: A resource model has ambiguous (sub-)resource method for HTTP method GET and input mime-types as defined by"@Consumes" and "@Produces" annotations at Java methods public javax.ws.rs.core.Response org.openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.rest.HABPanelResource.getGalleryWidgetsItem(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws java.lang.Exception and public javax.ws.rs.core.Response org.openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.rest.HABPanelResource.getGalleryWidgetsItem(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws java.lang.Exception at matching regular expression /gallery/([a-zA-Z_0-9]*)/widgets/([a-zA-Z_0-9]*). These two methods produces and consumes exactly the same mime-types and therefore their invocation as a resource methods will always fail.
WARNING: A resource model has ambiguous (sub-)resource method for HTTP method GET and input mime-types as defined by"@Consumes" and "@Produces" annotations at Java methods public javax.ws.rs.core.Response org.openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.rest.HABPanelResource.getGalleryWidgetList(java.lang.String) throws java.lang.Exception and public javax.ws.rs.core.Response org.openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.rest.HABPanelResource.getGalleryWidgetList(java.lang.String) throws java.lang.Exception at matching regular expression /gallery/([a-zA-Z_0-9]*)/widgets. These two methods produces and consumes exactly the same mime-types and therefore their invocation as a resource methods will always fail.

The filtered-items option is awesome!
Thank you very much @arctus!

Finally I am able to use the cheap Xido X111 with habpanel!
(Actually with habpanelviewer I have recently better performance than with Fully kiosk, although I prefer the control options of Fully better).

Are you using 2.4 or 2.5?

I am on 2.5

thanks for letting me know, I will check once I have a chance. I am still on 2.4 as have a lot of addons with changes and just dont have time to migrate the changes to 2.5.

1 Like

and you just dropped the two jars into the addons folder?
Obviously the items need to be in the Group_HabPanel_Dashboard.

Exactly.
That’s all.
The migration from 2.4 to 2.5 was relatively easy.
I must admit, that I have been using the milestone builds on the way.
Good luck !

Migrating 2.4 to 2.5 was not an issue for me. It was new hardware so I had to move the addons. I used the 2.5 downloads from dropbox and it barfs. I end up deleting the addons, uninstalling the habpanel bundles and starting again.

Most odd. I might try again

What is your issue on this?
I don’t know, what happend, but it’S not working for me anymore (just rules and item changes - no update)

I get:

2019-12-25 12:08:23.276 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Failed to install artifact: /usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.ui.habpanel-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.ui.habpanel-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar does not have a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF! Make sure, META-INF and MANIFEST.MF are the first 2 entries in your JAR!

the habpanel-filter JAR loads just fine.

After I’ve downloaded the modified files and uploaded them to OH once again, everything works as expected.