[SOLVED] How to get an "virtual" item (file-based) without attached channel to show up on the control panel?

Hi there,

I’m just fiddling around with ExecBundle to get some stuff out from console commands.
Now I have an .items file which looks like this:

String  HealthCPUTemperatur "CPU Temperatur [JSONPATH($.cpu):%s °C]"  {channel="exec:command:pi_health:output"}
DateTime HealthLastExecution "Zuletzt ausgeführt [%1$tH:%1$tM:%1$tS]" {channel="exec:command:pi_health:lastexecution"}   
Number  VirtLalaTemperature "Temperature [%.1f °C]"

and a rule which updates the VirtLalaTemperature.
Everything is loaded fine but the “VirtLalaTemperature” is not shown on the Control Panel.
When I connect a channel it appears but then the rule result is immediately overwritten by the actual channel output. .
So my question is: How can I make the item appear when there is no channel attached ?
I only want to update it via rule so there is no need to attach a channel here. From the examples I found so far, that should work out of the box. But it isn’t.

Thank you.

I guess you are refering to control section in PaperUI.
What you want to achieve is not possible and will never be, as the control part of PaperUI is not meant for every day usage/control. It is more for administration.

Well. I thought I could test everything using the control section before creating my own sitemaps. The documentation nowhere states that the control section has that kind of limitation.

However, I gave the Basic UI a try and with a sitemap everything works as expected.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.