[Solved] HTTP ERROR: 404 while opening sitemap

I tried to run http://localhost:8080/openhab.app?sitemap=demo in my browser. But i got the error message:

HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:
Not Found

First i was searching for the error and got the information that my java is out of date. So i updated java from java version “1.8.0” to java version “1.8.0_111”.
But this was not solving the error.

So i debugged the logs of openhab when starting.

sudo service openhab stop
sudo service openhab start
sudo tail -f /opt/openhab/logs/openhab.log

With this i got the information:
LogListener.logged threw a non-fatal unchecked exception as follows:
Dec 10 08:12:20 localhost openhab[21802]: java.lang.NullPointerException
Dec 10 08:12:20 localhost openhab[21802]: at org.openhab.core.internal.logging.OSGILogListener$NLogListener.logged(OSGILogListener.java:73)
Dec 10 08:12:20 localhost openhab[21802]: at org.eclipse.equinox.log.internal.ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.safeLogged(ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.java:86)
Dec 10 08:12:20 localhost openhab[21802]: at org.eclipse.equinox.log.internal.ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory$LogTask.run(ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.java:35)
Dec 10 08:12:20 localhost openhab[21802]: at org.eclipse.equinox.log.internal.SerializedTaskQueue$1.run(SerializedTaskQueue.java:33)

With this i got the final clue that the eclipse server has a error.
the fix was easy, i had to remove the current “server” folder in the openhab root directory and copy the original “server” folder from the installation (e.g. from distribution-1.8.3-runtime.zip)

So easy :wink: