[SOLVED] HUE binding. Multiple connections

2.5.0-SNAPSHOT
Build #1575

Is it possible to connect to 2 HUE gateways simultaneously?
Manual config files perhaps?
I have a deconz instance (on loclhost) and a Philps HUE gateway that I want to connect to.

Sure, it is. Even the discovery should work with deCONZ, too

Thanks.
Hmm, nothing in the Inbox, even after a manual discovery.
Might be due to the fact that my deconz is on a non standard port? (localhost:8090)
In that case I might have to go with config files perhaps?

Figured it out.
For others coming searching for this:

Make a things/hue.things file:

//Bridge hue:bridge:1 [ ipAddress="192.168.1.54", port=80 ] - auto discovered!
Bridge hue:bridge:2 [ ipAddress="127.0.0.1", port=8090, pollingInterval=2, sensorPollingInterval=30000 ] 

The :1 instance (real HUE bridge) is not needed since the real HUE bridge gets auto-discovered on port 80.
Leaving it in there produces 3 bridges in the inbox.
The :2 instance (deconz REST API) produces a userName automatically. The sensor polling is set high, since the Deconz binding gets real-time event over Websocket.

The only strange thing I see, is that auto-discovering items on bridge:2, the PaperUI Inbox poulates, but only for as long as the search is active. Adding an items per search works fine though.
This is probably due to the manual config.

Nice. Good to hear that you found the solution for your setup.

One remark from my side: You can suppress the sensorPollingInterval. If you do not add a sensor thing the Hue binding will not start a polling job for them. It kind of smart … :wink:

Because of an unstable snapshot upgrade, I had to revert to 2.5.0M1.
On that version the deconz Hue bridge on port 8090 does not work.

Yes, that is true. The support for different ports to access the Hue bridge has been implemented after the milestone release.

Could you please post a. jar I can use in the mean time?

You can download the latest jar-file from here: https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.hue/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.hue-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

But I am afraid it will not work with OH 2.5.0.M1 because of unsatisfied dependencies.

1 Like