(SOLVED) Inconsistent Dimmer Performance

Unfortunately 1% doesn’t work since the lights stay on at that level. What I really want to figure out is why NODE 8 works every time but none of the others do. Is there a place I can look at the actual configuration of the Things on the server? I’d love to see if there is something different there.

Spacing the commands really does nothing since I can isolate a single dimmer and run the command and still have the issue.

On the left side of the UI click on developer tools, then API explorer, then things. Use GET with your thing ID.

Well, I think I may have fixed it. I had set the dim rate to 1 on most of my dimmers. The default, I believe, is 3. As far as I can tell, all of the switches where I have moved it back to 3 are now responding with 100% success. I don’t think this exercise went to waste since this significantly cleaned up my network regardless so thank you.

I am going to have to go through every device now to check and see if that is the case but it seems :crossed_fingers: to be working. Thank you very much for the help and I have a much better understanding of how to troubleshoot in the future as well.

1 Like