[Solved] Just one more my.openHAB will not connect

hate to have to post this but really have tried several things and read all the posts on here discussing this but still no joy. somehow i feel its my ip but let me fill in the rest first…

Thought the best way to add some lines from the logs:

2016-08-11 12:47:22.507 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘myopenhab.persist’

2016-08-11 12:47:22.905 [DEBUG] [.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceActivator] - MyOpenHAB service has been started.
2016-08-11 12:47:22.915 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - setEventPublisher
2016-08-11 12:47:22.916 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - my.openHAB service activated
2016-08-11 12:47:22.927 [DEBUG] [.p.internal.PersistenceManager] - Initializing myopenhab persistence service.
2016-08-11 12:47:23.032 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - config is null
2016-08-11 12:47:23.039 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - UUID file found at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/uuid’ with content ’ my UUID
2016-08-11 12:47:23.052 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - Secret file already exists at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/secret’ with content’ my secret

2016-08-11 12:47:23.088 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - Version file found at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/version’ with content '1.8.3’
2016-08-11 12:47:23.214 [DEBUG] [nhab.io.habmin.HABminActivator] - HABmin Interface has been started.
2016-08-11 12:47:23.273 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Manager.EVENT_TRANSPORT
2016-08-11 12:47:23.690 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Transport.EVENT_REQUEST_HEADERS

further down:
2016-08-11 12:47:33.677 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Transport.EVENT_REQUEST_HEADERS
2016-08-11 12:47:33.749 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Attempting to connect to database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openhab
2016-08-11 12:47:33.900 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'watchdog.rules’
2016-08-11 12:47:34.495 [DEBUG] [.o.m.c.i.folder.FolderObserver] - skipping refresh of folder ‘scripts’ folderRefreshMap=24
2016-08-11 12:47:34.497 [DEBUG] [.o.m.c.i.folder.FolderObserver] - skipping refresh of folder ‘items’ folderRefreshMap=20
2016-08-11 12:47:35.358 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Connected to database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openhab
2016-08-11 12:47:35.375 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Setting wait_timeout to 10 seconds.
2016-08-11 12:47:35.386 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL configuration complete.
2016-08-11 12:47:35.453 [DEBUG] [.p.internal.PersistenceManager] - Initializing mysql persistence service.

Still further:
2016-08-11 12:47:41.512 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl] - store(Temp_MinMax_F), state = -/-
2016-08-11 12:47:41.513 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - No connection, Item update is not sent
2016-08-11 12:47:41.798 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Manager.EVENT_TRANSPORT
2016-08-11 12:47:41.801 [DEBUG] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Transport.EVENT_REQUEST_HEADERS

My Config File: (i’m on a 10. network)

i have the 1.8.3.jar in the addons folder for my.openhab.

i think its pretty close, just missing something that is escaping me.


I’ve never used that ip range but shouldn’t that be configured the same way as the other ip ranges, so

security:netmask= ?

thanks sihui, i tried that just now and no joy. what does the /24 do?

It defines the subnet as a kind of abbreviation:

So of course this turned out to be the dreaded Java update. I swear when i built the machine (and just recent too) that i installed the full nice new fluffy java version. even ran the java update and it only showed the version that i had installed. looking through the other threads made me dig deeper and found that it needed to be the 101 version. followed the link http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/how-to-install-oracle-java-8-in-debian.html and voila that was it.

So let my life be a lesson for others, check your java - again…

WOW, just wow !

My myopenhab stopped working during July, and I had not changed anything (nor updated java). but the pluggin might have just updated itself …

anyway, that was it for me too !

I did not get ANY log of myopenhab, until i ran the following :

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.myopenhab    (revert to INFO later)

then restart service. Thanks for the java tip ! you saved me from a long search !