[SOLVED] KNX Binding: Issues with thermostat OH3

Hi there

I’m using the knx binding for OH3, the (textual) config was already in place in OH2.5, at least for the knx binding.

Everything works fine, switching lights on/off, dimmer, rollershutter - onyl thermostats don’t work.

channel config for the knx items looks like this:
Type number : Temperature_AR_KG_Soll "Temperature_AR_KG_Soll" [ ga="9.001:<3/0/12" ]

(Note: there is a build in control in the actuator, so I don’t need to set and read temperatur with different GAs)

However, this setting does not enable me to control the thermostats. I have configured the items as setpoint with a stepper list item as default widget, and looking at the streaming events, this seems to be working - almost:

> openhab/items/KNXDevice_Temperature_AR_KG_Soll/statepredicted
> ItemStatePredictedEvent
> {"predictedType":"Quantity","predictedValue":"18.0 °C","isConfirmation":true}
> openhab/items/KNXDevice_Temperature_AR_KG_Soll/command
> ItemCommandEvent
> {"type":"Decimal","value":"19.5"}

The below log entry is the temp I want to set, but as the above entry shows, the current entry does not change.

Looking at the openhab.log, however, I also see this:

2021-01-03 16:44:04.555 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 3/0/12, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.

I had this log entries in OH2.5 already and since everything was working fine, I didn’t worry about it.

EDIT: Just set the log level for knx to DEBUG and found this:

2021-01-03 17:29:01.575 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler] - None of the configured GAs on channel ‘knx:device:bridge:generic:Temperature_AR_KG_Soll’ could handle the command ‘20 °C’ of type ‘QuantityType’
2021-01-03 17:29:03.548 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler] - None of the configured GAs on channel ‘knx:device:bridge:generic:Temperature_AR_KG_Soll’ could handle the command ‘19.5 °C’ of type ‘QuantityType’

Not sure what to make of this, though?

Also, if that helps: currently - for whatever reasons - the “events.log” of OH3 is not filled, i.e. it is created on startup but stays at 0 byte and I’ve also encountered a strange issue with pages/sitemaps, where I can only save them once and afterwards get a server error.

Can someone help or at least point me in the direction where I need to look?

Thanks!

Found a solution for this - which seems a bit counterintuitive, though:

In KNX, DPT 9.001 translates to °C - hence I figured the right item type to use would be Number:Temperature

It is not. If anyone encounters the same problem: You have to use item type Number only

FYI, I’ve opened a bug for this.