[SOLVED] KNX binding won't install

I’m already trying for 3 days to get OH2 to run. I had a perfectly running OH1 instance and with the year ending (and some spare holiday) I wanted to shift to OH2.

I must say I was i bit dissapointed that 2 of my key bindings were not yet ported to 2.0: KNX and MQTT. IMHO is MQTT a key protocol for the time to come. As I’m not mastering Java (not even a bit) I cannot contribute.

Anyway, I’m stuck at installing the 1.9 bindings.
I followed the migration guide but the the KNX and MQTT bindings keep uninstalling itselves. The log says:

KNXBinding configuration is not present. Please check your configuration file or if not needed remove the KNX addon.
The config file IS present with the same permissions as all the rest. So I don’t know what to do.

PS I’m runnig OH2b5 on a RPI3 on Raspbian.

Less than a second before the “configuration file is not found” OH2 estabmishes a connection to the KNX bus:

2017-01-02 22:51:01.437 [INFO ] [nx.internal.connection.KNXConnection] - Established connection to KNX bus on 192.168.129.131:3671 in mode TUNNEL.

A few lines further below:

2017-01-02 22:51:02.192 [INFO ] [nx.internal.connection.KNXConnection] - KNXBinding configuration is not present. Please check your configuration file or if not needed remove the KNX addon.

You should probably provide more details on what you installed how and how your configuration exactly looks like.
When switching my production system from OH1 to OH2 in November, it took me less then 5 minutes to get KNX up and running with all my existing configuration and it works smoothly since then.

I just did a clean install (after apt-get purge)

INstalled OH2b5-online thougth apt-get
copied the 1.9.0 jar-file for KNX and MQTT to /usr/share/openhab2/addons
Installed these bindings though the PaperUI
Adjusted the cfg-files
did a restart just to be sure.
and voilà, the error is present.

Edit: I did get the binding to work. Apparently the openhab user didn’t have netdev rights.

KNX is working, but the error remains!

That step should not have been needed. The 1.x bindings are sometimes hard to find in the online distro. Have a look at this post, which should also apply to both MQTT and KNX bindings:

You might now have more than one of your bindings. At the openhab> prompt, type bundle:list to see.

206 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612300210 | openHAB KNX Binding
207 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612300210 | openHAB MQTT Binding
208 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.b5 | Astro Binding
209 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.b5 | openHAB KNX Binding
210 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.b5 | openHAB MQTT Binding
211 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.b5 | openHAB MQTT Transport Bundle

I indeed have more than one of the bundles active. How do I get rid of this without messing up? Just delete the jar-files?

EDIT: I just took the dive and deleted both manually added files. Karaf shows no more double bindings.

Everythnig is working now. Also no more strange error codes.

Case closed

1 Like