[SOLVED] KNX: Light goes on every hour without any rule

Hi There,

I’ve a total curious behavior of my home since switching from OH1 to OH2.
There’s one light thats getting triggered every hour. And the time when it’s getting activated depends on the time, the KNX Binding is started. So after restarting OpenHAB, the light goes on an other time.
I don’t know if the “off” is triggered through openhab or from the motion detector the light is triggered normally.

2019-01-27 00:27:55.837 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from OFF to ON
2019-01-27 00:28:36.859 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from ON to OFF
2019-01-27 01:27:55.418 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from OFF to ON
2019-01-27 01:28:36.239 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from ON to OFF
2019-01-27 02:27:55.421 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from OFF to ON
2019-01-27 02:28:36.197 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from ON to OFF
2019-01-27 03:27:55.504 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from OFF to ON
2019-01-27 03:28:36.362 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling changed from ON to OFF

The item configuration:

Switch   FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling    "Deckenleuchte"     <light>  (FF_Hallway, gLight)                                  {channel="knx:device:bridge:ff_switch_actuator_1:light_ff_hallway"}

The thing configuration:

Thing device ff_switch_actuator_1 "Schaltaktor 1 Erster Stock" [
        address="1.1.12",
        fetch=false,
        pingInterval=300,
        readInterval=3600
    ] {
        Type switch : light_gf_hallway_stairs    "Treppenlicht Flur unten"                [ ga="0/3/1+<0/3/4" ]
        Type switch : light_gym                  "Deckenlicht Trainingsraum"              [ ga="1/0/0+<1/0/1" ]
        Type switch : light_office               "Deckenlicht Büro"                       [ ga="1/1/1+<1/1/6" ]
        Type switch : light_office_left          "Wandleuchte Büro Innenwand"             [ ga="1/1/2+<1/1/5" ]
        Type switch : light_office_right         "Wandleuchte Büro Außenwand"             [ ga="1/1/0+<1/1/4" ]
        Type switch : light_ff_bathroom          "Deckenlicht Bad oben"                   [ ga="1/2/0+<1/2/1" ]
        Type switch : light_bedroom              "Deckenlicht Schlafzimmer"               [ ga="1/3/0+<1/3/15"]
        Type switch : light_guestroom            "Deckenlicht Gästezimmer Innenwand"      [ ga="1/4/0+<1/4/7" ]
        Type switch : light_ff_hallway           "Deckenlicht Flur oben"                  [ ga="1/7/0+<1/7/4" ]
        Type switch : socket_gym_window          "Steckdose Fensternieche Trainingsraum"  [ ga="1/0/2+<1/0/3" ]
        Type switch : socket_bedroom_window      "Steckdose Fensternieche Schlafzimmer"   [ ga="1/3/19+<1/3/20" ]
        Type switch : socket_ff_hallway          "Steckdose Fensternieche Flur oben"      [ ga="1/7/5+<1/7/6" ]        
    }

Any idea how to get this ghost out of my home?

Bests
Pascal

Can someone help me?

You might need to tell us more about that, maybe a routine status check is getting mishandled.

Which information should I provide?

That part is fascinating, I’m sure it’s a massive clue.
Thing setting
readInterval=3600
leaps out as being one hour, every hour from binding start up.

I was asking about this. There are no motion detectors or rules etc. in the openHAB setup you’ve shown us, so how does that work? Is this built in to the light unit? Or a separate KNX detector is associated? It won’t mean much to me, but KNX knowledgeable folk will want to know.

There’s no way, OH2 can turn on lights “magically” without a rule or some kind of logic.
so. first Things first:

1. tell us more on the “Motion Detector” stuff. How is it configured, which Hardware is it and how do you use it
  2. are you absolutely sure, there’s no rule or logic concerning “FF_Hallway_Light_Ceiling”?

OH2 Event.log will also log the ChangeEvent, even if it’s triggered outside openHAB

I finally solved the problem.

There are two motion detectors - one acts as master, the other as slave. When reading the “motion” state of the slave, it always answers with “ON” (which seems to be a problem with the detector).
With my configuration openhab asks it every hour for its state. It reported “ON” and the master received a “ON” telegram.

1 Like