[SOLVED] Logitech Harmony Hub Binding - 4.15.206 firmware broke local API connection

Need help? Got 3 hubs, 1 not used and can use for testing, and got time the next couple weeks.

Cheers,
-Th

FWIW, the folks at HA committed a fix earlier to use WS, kinda surprising how relatively small the changes they made were

Cheers,
-Th

Sounds great.
Thanks for sharing.
That would be really awesome if this would work and would enable us just to ignore Logitech’s ignorance! :wink:

Same effect with android, but I wasn’t sure if it was just in my mind. :smiley:

I think I will block internet even if the firmware problem doesn’t exist anymore.

That definitely makes sense.

If I want to switch on TV, I will do it through OH anyway :smiley:

Looks like Logitech is making headlines, this is one of the bigger German tech sites

1 Like

For what it may be worth, I have just tweeted about it to some 4k techie followers. Please retweet to make it a little more visible to Logitech: https://twitter.com/rafaldotnet/status/1075688097420054528?s=21

1 Like

TheRegister.co.uk front page now shows this story:

A year after Logitech screwed over Harmony users, it, um, screws over Harmony users: Device API killed off

1 Like

Thats actually not most of the changes, they keep their own version of pyharmony which most of the websocket work was done in, https://github.com/home-assistant/pyharmony .

I just tried to review the Harmony Hub on Amazon and got a pop up screen:

Unfortunately, we can not accept reviews of this article. There are restrictions on the submission of reviews for this product. This can be for a variety of reasons, such as unusual review activities.

Unbelievable!
Goodbye Logitech 

They should rename Logitech to LowTech !!

3 Likes

on amazon.de i was able to send the review

1 Like

Yea, that is where I did it. But it was only accepted on the old hub version (and is not online yet, so let’s see what happens)

1 Like

i was able to edit my review on amazon.it 2 days ago. better to do the same on the play store and app store for the harmony application

1 Like

Serious Logitech it’s a joke !
I downgrade my hub thx for the process, and I block internet acces also.-, and it’s work !

I go on Amazon to put a review also and google Store.

1 Like

an idea how to block only internet access?i have a TP-Link Archer vr600.

I am using parental control to block the internet access for my hubs.

Excellent idea.
That’s what I will do as well!

With the instructions mentioned above I was able to revert the firmware to .193. Remote and android app are both still working after I disabled internet access. Harmony hub thing is online again.
Many thanks for the instructions and hoping for a websocket version of the addon.

@Constantinos_Contis
Try setting up a pi hole and then it doubles to block ads and speeds up your web

Loss in sales and market share is the only thing that will turn such a company around now they have done it twice.

2 Likes