[SOLVED] Minimote Unknown Device

Of all devices, I’ve found the Minimote to be the most difficult to include. Although my Minimotes are working, I’m currently dealing with some oddities with mine…

  • My first suggestion would be to use the latest version of the development Z-Wave binding. In a few weeks this development version will become the master, and will be included in future OH distributions. Please read the first several posts on this topic.
    OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

  • I also would suggest you use HABmin to manage/configure your Z-Wave devices. HABmin can be installed through the Paper UI.

  • Make sure your Minimote is on the latest firmware version, 1.1.9, I think.

  • You might need to exclude and include the device a couple times before it’s properly identified.

  • Once discovered properly, you need to change the mode from Group mode to Scene mode. Making this change will cause the Minimote to send SCENE_ACTIVATION commands (which I think is what you want).

  • I’d suggest tagging your posts with the zwave tag, as it will make it easier for people to identify it as being related to Z-Wave. There are several people who track the zwave tag, so anything with that tag will show up in their Unread list. :wink:

@chris Did you have a chance to look at the Minimote logs I emailed to you last week?

@5iver Is there anything you want to add here?