[Solved] Mios Binding not reporting LastUpdate for lock

@guessed I was trying to pull the last update time stamp from my locks through the Mios binding to use in my notification rules.

DateTime Lock_GF_Living_LastUpdate "Front Door Last Update [%1$ta, %1$tm/%1$te %1$tR]" <calendar> (GF_Living) {mios="unit:home,device:15/service/HaDevice1/LastUpdate"}

But I’m only getting NULL returned. Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

The general form looks correct, but it’s been a while since I’ve run a Z-Wave lock in my system.

If you enable DEBUG or TRACE level Logging for the MiOS Binding, it’ll emit data indicating where it’s getting the values from.

Alternatively, do you have a copy of the user_data.xml from your Vera? If so, you can PM a copy to me and I’ll look at the actual value listed in there.

Either way, best to us PM … just in case there’s any sensitive data in the feeds (like lock PINCodes, which Vera is apt to stick in it’s configs :open_mouth: )

PS: I’m assuming all other Item values are coming through correctly…

@guessed Thanks. Everything else is working great. I’m traveling the next few days so will PM it over later this week.

@guessed So good news is out of the blue it provided the LastUpdate data (not sure if you made a change or why it did so). Unfortunately it’s not what I thought it was. I thought it would provide the time of the last status change, error, etc. but it appears to be the last time I programmed the lock (2014…)

Thanks anyways, I can just use a now() for the date time stamp when the rule runs instead.

1 Like