[SOLVED] "mvn clean install" not running anymore: required artifacts are missing

Using apache-maven-3.6.0 and Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0).

Till yesterday commandline command mvn clean install was running without any problems, but now I get the following errors:

I used org.openhab.binding.pioneeravr as example, to be sure that it’s not a problem of my own programmed binding!
(the same messages with e.g. org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub and so on…)

Here is what I get while running “mvn clean install”:

----------
1) org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sitemap:jar:${esh.version}

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sitemap -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sitemap -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        1) org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.pioneeravr:pom:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.openhab.core:org.openhab.core:jar:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sitemap:jar:${esh.version}

2) org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.javasound:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.javasound -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.javasound -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.javasound:jar:${esh.version}

3) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper:jar:${esh.version}

4) org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:jar:${esh.version}

5) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:jar:${esh.version}

6) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.extension.ui:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic:jar:${esh.version}

7) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule:jar:${esh.version}

8) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime:jar:${esh.version}

9) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap:jar:${esh.version}

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model -DartifactId=org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap -Dversion=${esh.version} -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
        3) org.eclipse.smarthome.model:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap:jar:${esh.version}

----------
9 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.pioneeravr:pom:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  jcenter (https://jcenter.bintray.com/, releases=true, snapshots=false),
  openhab-artifactory-release (https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release, releases=true, snapshots=false),
  openhab-artifactory-snapshot (https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-snapshot, releases=false, snapshots=true),
  p2-openhab-deps-repo (https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-deps-repo/1.0.39, releases=false, snapshots=false),
  central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)

at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultResolutionErrorHandler.throwErrors (DefaultResolutionErrorHandler.java:71)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolveImpl (DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:169)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve (DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:81)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve (DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2DependencyResolver.collectPomDependencies (P2DependencyResolver.java:263)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2DependencyResolver.computePreliminaryTargetPlatform (P2DependencyResolver.java:204)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTychoResolver.resolveProject (DefaultTychoResolver.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead (TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java:95)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:264)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:956)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:288)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:192)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:229)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:415)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:356)

I can’t reproduce it. I just rebase the openhab2-addons to the lastest sources just to check and that doesn’t reproduce the problem either. Since there is a lot of activity related to the move of ESH into openHAB core and move to pure maven build it could be the version of your code is somehow not working. I don’t know what version of the code your on, but you could rebase to the lastest version. In that case if you run maven add -DskipTests=true as the test are currently not working (is being worked on).

Also any reason to run maven on the whole repository and not on your specific project? You can easily do that by running mvn -pl :<artifact id> clean install.

@hilbrand

Thanks for your answer. :slight_smile: I’ve tried it not on the whole repository, only directly in the specific project folder(s). I tried 3 or 4 of them, all the same errors!

How to achive that exactly?

EDIT: I’ve tried also the whole repository, still the same errors!

EDIT: I’ve installed Eclipse IDE new. Now it is running again!

@hilbrand

I was wondering why this errors happen. I set up IDE completely new on 31st of January 2019. Then it was running til yesterday. (=6 days!!). I always ran “automatically setup tasks” when I started IDE and a “Project clean”. Something must have been happen during startup yesterday… ???

I don’t know. Today I was working on one of bindings with also some older code base and that gave the same error. I fixed it by rebasing to latest code. We are currently in a transition period were ESH is moved into openHAB core and in openHAB2-addons. Next to it. The build of openHAB-core is changed to a pure maven build (which should among other things reduce maintenance and improve compilation time). This is a lot of work and requires lots of small changes on multiple places. Other people are working hard to get this stable. I suspect this causes some problems from time to time. This should be all stabilize in a not an all to long period. Unfortunately it means in the short term working with the code can be a bit rough…

1 Like