[SOLVED] Netatmo Binding refactoring

Good morning
now i uninstalled Home and Presence Item. Then i restarted Openhab.

then i installed the Home Item with the Home ID but then this is also OFFLINE
home

after this i installed Presence and this is also OFFLINE
camera

any idea?

Hi Rudolph,

Do you have any plans to add the “Tell Welcome everybody has left the house” function of the Netatmo Security app?
I’m planning to use that to have my alarm system tell Welcome that nobody is home.

It is documented in the Welcome APi here: https://dev.netatmo.com/resources/technical/reference/security/setpersonsaway:
“If a person_id is specified, that person will be set as “Away”. If no person_id is specified, the Home will be set as “Empty”.”

/Morten

2 Likes

Hi Rudolph,

I’m trying the beta 2 of your binding but after the configuration of the Netatmo API I receive the following error:

Cannot trigger scan for thing types ‘[netatmo:NHC, netatmo:NATherm1, netatmo:NACamera, netatmo:NAPlug, netatmo:NOC, netatmo:NAMain, netatmo:NAWelcomeHome, netatmo:Room, netatmo:Home, netatmo:NRV, netatmo:NAWelcomePerson, netatmo:NAModule3, netatmo:NAModule4, netatmo:NAModule1, netatmo:NAModule2]’ on ‘NetatmoModuleDiscoveryService’!

when trying to scan for components.

Riccardo

1 Like

Hello,

is this fork still maintained and is there any further work done on the presence camera? Would live to know if I can support.

I‘m facing the same problems. How did you solve it?

Hi Welf
in my current setup i do not use the presence cameras for motion detection, because the binding does not support it. it’s a pity…

Hello,

I am running 2.4.0. The Netatmo Binding causes my NUC to run at 100% CPU load. OH becomes unresponsive.

When I turn it of (things/item files removed and binding deinstalled) the NUC is at 20% again.

Anyone else seeing this? Ideas how to debug this? Logging on the Netatmo Binding I turned on. Nothing suspicious.

Regards
Ralf

Same setup for me, no problem. CPU under 2%.
I use Netatmo binding for thermostat and weather station.

I added anwelcome cam. Anyone?

Hi Rudolph
is there an update available for the Netatmo Binding supporting the motion detection of the Netatmo Presence?

this would be great - waiting for it too

@rudolph.io: Also got a presence camera now. I see you haven’t answered in this topic for quite some time and the latest pull request is also stale without an answer from you. Would you mind giving a short update? Are you planning on working on this at all? Do you know what is still missing from the implementation?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me either and of course I would love to use the presence through the binding.

After upgrading to openhab 2.5 (openhabian) the (official) netatmo binding stops getting updates after a couple of hours after restarting the service.
I would now like to switch to your implementation, but don’t have a development IDE available.
Is there a way to provide the binding jar for 2.5.0?
In your branch there is only a beta version for 2.4.0 available …

This would be awesome :wink:

Thanks in advance!

It works fine for me.
However, I have heard of the issue from others before… Not related to the official 2.5 stable though (openhab).

Today i moved my openhab installation from a raspberry pi 3 to 4. some posts mentioned that restoring an openhab installation solved this problem for them, but in my case this did not help.

Is there anything else i could try?

best regards