[SOLVED] New ISP, update/upgrade failure

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry PI3
    • Java Runtime Environment:
    • openHAB version: Openhabian 2.3.0-1
  • Issue of the topic: the issue is that after changing the ISP, I cannot update or upgrade the system, nor access the openhab cloud (I do not know if this is the correct topic category, please suggest a better one if any)
    the error is:

Blockquote
Checking for changes in origin… fatal: unable to access ‘GitHub - openhab/openhabian: openHABian - empowering the smart home, for Raspberry Pi and Debian systems’: Failed to connect to github.com port 443: No route to host
Blockquote

The ISP uses some sort of NAT, I opened the 443 port with port forwarding but with no effect, the ISP customer service is unable to help
Thanks

did you get a new router also during the ISP change?
if yes: does the new ISP router use the same internal (LAN) ip address as the old router?

check from your rPi what is listed as the default gateway:

ip r

Your rPi cannot reach the interweb. apt fails of course.

This is more general Linux IP Addressing and Routing help rather than openHAB2 related :blush:

@Dim
Thanks for your help for my issue (out of topic :roll_eyes:)
The new router uses a different internal ip address, how can I change it?

You can either change the LAN IP of the new Router (go into its admin interface) = this is better since most of your LAN devices may remember the old IP. Make sure that the old Router is offline not to create an IP Address conflict.

or change the default gateway on the rPi (assuming you have static IP set and not DHCP)
if manual IP: did you use /etc/dhcpcd.conf in the past to set it or another method?

Thanks @Dim, great! all is working now

1 Like