[Solved]No transformation

Platform information:

• Hardware: PI3
  • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
  • openHAB version: openHAB 2.1.0

Hi,
this is my first post in this community.

I’m playing with OH since two weeks and I successfully integrate FS20, homematic, Kodi and yamaha
Now I try to use the transform functionalyity but it’s not working.

I installed the addon.

feature:list | grep Map

gives

esh-transform-map                           | 0.9.0.b5         |          | Started     | addons-2.1.0            | Map Transformation
openhab-transformation-map                  | 2.1.0            | x        | Started     | addons-2.1.0            | Map Transformation
openhab-persistence-mapdb                   | 1.10.0           |          | Uninstalled | addons-2.1.0            | MapDB Persistence

But in the logs are only messages like this:

Could not transform 'NEW' with the file 'Mond.map' : Target value not found in map for 'NEW'

Mond.map is in the transform-folder with this content:

New=Neumond
First\u0020Quarter=Zunehmender Sichelmond (Neulicht)
Waxing\u0020Crescent=Zunehmender Halbmond (erstes Viertel)
Waxing\u0020Gibbous=Zunehmender Mond
Full=Vollmond (zweites Viertel)
Waning\u0020Gibbous=Abnehmender Mond
Third\u0020Quarter=Abnehmender Halbmond (letztes Viertel)
Waning\u0020Crescent=Abnehmender Sichelmond (Altlicht)
-=-Fehler bei der Initialisierung-

Any hints are appreciated…

Regards
Michael

Just a guess: try

NEW=Neumond

Indeed, this is the solution, but for the first without success for me, because I tested with PAPERUI, where the translation is not excuted.

Then I checked with BASICUI and HABPANEL and voila, it’s working.

But, why not with PAPERUI?

Paper UI is not meant as an end user UI, but only to administrate openHAB. It works a little bit different in question of labels and so on. You can’t use items in Paper UI but only channels which are linked to items, you can’t use neither unbound items nor OH1-binding items, and there is no way to configure a mapping for Paper UI Control page.

Lesson learned. :slight_smile: