[Solved] OH3 can't add equipment to a location

I wanted to start with building a new semantic model from scratch. I followed the documentation and had two problems (which might be related).

The model should be a location “house” within that should be “groundfloor” and within that is “office”.

When the type of “house” is location I can’t add anything to that item. The links to add location, equipment or points are missing.

If the type of “house” is group. It works.

So I set everything up as groups, not locations. Which is not nice and does not make sense but works somehow.

But then I can’t add equipment to office (Create equipment from thing). When I select the apropriate Thing, the window closes and I am back on the model page

This is correct.

A Location Item is one which holds latitude and longitude information. It is a real type of Item. These cannot hold other Locations, Equipment or Points.

A Location Group Item is what is known as a Location within the Semantic Model. It becomes most obvious when coding this in configuration files, but a Location Group Item is just a normal Group Item, with a little extra metadata to tell the Semantic Model that it is a Location that might hold more Locations, Equipment or a Point.

So, they are two different things, with unfortunately the same name! Confused enough?!

Try refreshing your browser (F5) or restarting your browser. There have been a number of reports of the UI doing something strange, but it clears up for a bit after a refresh…

Ok, got it.

And guess what, after restarting the browser everthing worked as expected.

Thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.