[Solved] Openhab 2.5.1 OSRAM lightify binding, gateway state UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: ZOTAC x86
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_232
    • openHAB version: 2.5.1
  • Issue of the topic: Error initializing OSRAM Lightify gateway

I have an older openhab 2.3 installation with a working OSRAM/Sylvania Lightify/SMART+ Binding

I tried to replace it with new openhab2 server runnung openhab 2.5.1
The system is working with different bindings, but I’ve problem to get the Lightify binding running.
In Paper UI I found

OSRAM/Sylvania Lightify/SMART+ Binding market:binding-3560149 - 1.0

When trying to install I’ve got an error:

“Bundle cannot be installed: Error reading bundle content.”

On “https://openhab.jfrog.io/” I found the newest jar file “org.openhab.binding.osramlightify-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”
I manually added the jar to openhab folder “/usr/share/openhab2/addons”
In karaf console the bundle is listed:

START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
296 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201901120100 │ OSRAM Lightify Binding

Scanning in Paper UI for new devices the OSRAM Gateway was found, but the state is

UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

and no connected devices are found

Error log:

2020-01-26 12:32:18.459 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘osramlightify:gateway:XXXXXXXX’ to inbox.
2020-01-26 12:32:27.285 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.osramlightify.handler.LightifyBridgeHandler@79a20eaf’: bundleContext
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: bundleContext
at org.openhab.binding.osramlightify.handler.LightifyBridgeHandler.registerDeviceDiscoveryService(LightifyBridgeHandler.java:176) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.osramlightify.handler.LightifyBridgeHandler.initialize(LightifyBridgeHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_232]
2020-01-26 12:32:27.290 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘osramlightify:gateway:XXXXXXXX’: bundleContext
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: bundleContext
at org.openhab.binding.osramlightify.handler.LightifyBridgeHandler.registerDeviceDiscoveryService(LightifyBridgeHandler.java:176) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.osramlightify.handler.LightifyBridgeHandler.initialize(LightifyBridgeHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_232]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_232]

Any idea how to solve this?

Have you stopped OH, cleared the cache and rebooted? You may need to reboot twice but only after OH has fully restarted.

Sure!

Problem solved: Download from Eclipse IoT market place was temporary not availible.
Today the Paper UI install worke w/o error, all things are online now.

I was using the Osram (lightify) binding from Mike Jagdis and has been working good for a while now I had to do a mandatory update to firmware 1.7 and now I have uninitialized binding. Any ideas to resolve this?