[solved] openHAB 2 and Philio PSR04 Smart Color Button

Hi, firstly, I’m new around here but I’ve installed OH2 about 5 times now, the most recent one is the beta3 online (on Ubuntu). I only have three devices - an Aeon USB ZStick Gen5, an Aeotec RGB Bulb, and a Philio PSR04 Switch. The ZStick and the RGB Bulb are identified fine, but I cannot get the PSR04 to be identified. There’s no nodeX.xml file created for it. According to @chris’s database, it’s supported here, but I’m now out of ideas. I’ve reinitialised the ZStick and re-paired the devices but the PSR04 always appears as “Unknown Device”. It doesn’t matter whether I use PaperUI or HABmin2 (0.1.6, 2016-05-27), it won’t show, and the only relevant thing I can see in the log is:

NODE 2: Device could not be resolved to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0

How can I tell what version of the device database I have, and how do I update it (do I have to download the source from cloudbees and compile, or should the version in beta3 be enough)?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Rory.

If the node isn’t generating an xml, please provide a debug log of the startup and I’ll take a look. If this is a battery device (I guess so) then please make sure that you wake the device up quite a few times so that we get a good log.

Chris

hi @chris,

here’s the log file… look from 2016-06-08 21:50 onwards.

Hopefully I created it correctly.

Rory.

There’s no wakeups in the log from this device - I’ve had a quick look at the manual, but it doesn’t seem to say how to wake it up…

I found another manual which states the following -:

If the user want to wake-up the device immediately, please rotate to area A and pressing the touch button once. The device will wake-up for 10 seconds every single time.

Ledgend @chris, that did the trick! It’s showing properly now. I found that second manual you mentioned - the device operates differently depending on whether it’s mounted vertically or horizontally. I had it sitting on a table top, and when horizontal, turning the dial has no effect. You have to hold it vertically for the turns to register.

Many thanks again.

Rory.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind writing a short explanation that I can write into the database? I added what I found in the manual already, but maybe you can improve it?

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/291

If so I think it would help others as this doesn’t seem to be well documented in the manual… Feel free to either update the database directly, or reply here and I’ll paste it in…

Cheers
Chris

No problem @chris - I haven’t got a database login, so here are the details:

By default, this device only wakes up every 86400 seconds (24 hours). To manually wake this device up:

1. Hold the device vertically, or against a wall (this will not work if the device is horizontal).
  2. Rotate the wheel so that the pointer is at the top of the device.
  3. Wait at least three seconds.
  4. Rotate the wheel clockwise through 180 degrees to the bottom of the device.
  5. Immediately press the centre button once.

This activates the wakeup for 10 seconds, during which time you will be able to identify the device correctly.

Hope that helps,

Rory.

1 Like

@chris, I don’t know if it’s of use to you, but here’s the node.xml for that device:

node2.xml (9.8 KB)

Rory.

Thanks @roryd - that’s great. I’ve updated the database…

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

how I can read switch state and dimmer state from this button using openhab?
There is only two channels “battery level” and “scene”. But no channel like switch_state or so.

Hy all,

did anyone manage to get the device working properly?
It is well included in the ZWave network and Habmin recognize it correctly, but I am unable to switch a simple test button in my items file with it. Here my button:

Switch TestButton "Button" (gTest) {zwave="40:command=switch_binary" }

Can anyone help?

thx

To the best of my knowledget, this device doesn’t support this sort of functionalityby looking at the command classes it supports.

My understanding is that this is effectively a scene controller, so you should use the scene number and trigger a rule from that.

This looks like an OH1 item configuration? I don’t beleive the device supports switches or dimmers.

Hy, thanks for the quick reply.
Yes I’m still using OH1 until a final release for OH2. I will try with a scene number and keep you updated.

thx again

Hi, just wondering if you’d got the device to work?

The zwave logs look good, e.g.:

DEBUG o.o.b.z.i.ZWaveActiveBinding[:466]- NODE 45: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = {key=0, scene=1}

However I can’t work out what item definition to use.

Switch Newswitch "New switch" { zwave="45:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=01" }

updates to “OFF” when I press the button, which is slightly odd behaviour, and I can’t seem to catch it in my rules…

has anyone had any more luck?

thanks!

Dan

This definition looks like it’s written for OH1 - not OH2. The format is different so please make sure that you have written the item for the OH2 format.

sorry, I should have said - I’m using OH1

I’m using OH1 as well. I did not figured it out completely. The behavior of your item seems to be correct. Depending on the position of the wheel of you philio button, it simply works ass an off switch, not an ON/OFF switch. If you move the point on the wheel of the button to the on zone, the switch state should update to ON.

thank you! What a strange device it is!

I found out how to get the dimmer value of the color button. Some days ago a new dimmer channel was added to the device xml, but the type was still OnOffType. I just changed the type to binding:*:PercentType and now I am able to receive values from 0 to 100.

This is my current channel configuration:

<channels>
      <channel id="switch_dimmer" typeId="switch_dimmer">
        <label>Dimmer</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:PercentType">BASIC</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
      <channel id="scene_number" typeId="scene_number">
        <label>Scene Number</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">CENTRAL_SCENE</property>