I’m using a RPi4 8Gb with Raspbian 10 (buster) and Openhab 3.2.0~M3-1 all running in an SSD via USB. I have dozens of lights, multiple sensors, multiple rules and everything was running perfectly for some time. This was a RAW installation (not an upgrade from previous version).
I previously had for 2 years a RPi3 w/ OH2.5 running and it was flawless! Incredibly fast, reliable, altough it took me some time to reach a stable solution I have to admit. It took me actually months!
So I have everything updated and upgraded to the latest versions (just did it right now).
I did it because I thought that since I cannot find a clear answer to my problem, maybe I could update, upgrade and have things working properly. But that did not happened!
My problem is that, when I send a command to, let’s say, turn ON a light via MQTT, it’s taking somewhere around less than 1 second (rarely) and close to almost a minute (more common). The average though is around 5 to 10 seconds, which makes no sense at all!
I first started to notice this with Z-Wave devices, I have a Z-Wave Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, connected to a USB extension because it was not working properly with my RPi4 8Gb (I’ve read this was a solution and indeed it is). Now it’s gotten worst and it’s happening with everything I have connected!
In my openhab.log file, the only thing I see every 60 seconds is this:
2021-10-25 23:33:40.080 [INFO ] [control.internal.WebSocketConnection] - Web Socket close 1005. Reason: null 2021-10-25 23:33:59.099 [INFO ] [.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.*****'. Next attempt in 60000ms 2021-10-25 23:33:59.102 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.*****' with clientid *********
Now, I’ve checked if some binding was not working correctly or something like that, but all bindings I have, all are working properly!
This is my /var/lib/openhab/config/org/openhab/addons.config file by the way:
:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"15" binding="amazonechocontrol,astro,mqtt,zwave,miio,ipcamera" misc="openhabcloud" package="standard" persistence="jdbc-mysql" service.pid="org.openhab.addons" transformation="jsonpath" ui="" voice="googletts"
And this is it, I need the help of this great community once again. By the way, CPU usage is perfectly sitting around 5%.