[SOLVED] OpenHab Cloud Connector OpenHab > 2.4

Been trying for the tig time, no success.
Is there anyone who got 2.5.0M4 or even snapshot working with the cloud connector up and running?
If so, what OS and java?

That depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
You should be able to get remote access but, I believe that Item creation in the cloud & IFTTT integration were disabled because misuse wad overloading & crashing the cloud server.

I need the org.openhab.openhabcloud to work as it’s needed to link with google home.
So I hope it will not be disabled for good, as that would result in going over to an other smarthome application.

Many people have hosted their own cloud server. The OpenHAB Foundation who provides the free cloud server cannot charge for the service and does not have the funds to expand capacity.
I know Home Assistant has a paid subscription cloud service but I expect you will have other issues there.

Google has been threatening to only permit access from their choice of partners anyway. I doubt any any of the free smart home providers will be on that list.

Except for the IFTTT integration I’m not aware of any problems with getting the cloud connector working. It’s working for me on a few days old snapshot. Google Assistant also still works.

Since it’s primarily driven by networking and the like, the OS and Java version is probably irrelevant but I’m running the latest Docker image.

It will help if you tell us what you’ve been trying and what errors you are seeing.

1 Like

some more info:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic

Java:
openjdk version “1.8.0_202”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.36.0.1-CA-linux64) (build 1.8.0_202-b05)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Zulu 8.36.0.1-CA-linux64) (build 25.202-b05, mixed mode)
JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/default-java
/usr/lib/jvm/default-java -> /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-8-amd64

error in openhab.log:
2019-10-31 08:32:51.262 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.scr ] - bundle org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.16 (46)Error while loading components of bundle org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.5.0.M4 (266)
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Long
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationImpl.configure(ConfigurationImpl.java:659) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationImpl.configureFromPersistence(ConfigurationImpl.java:619) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationImpl.(ConfigurationImpl.java:194) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager.listConfigurations(ConfigurationManager.java:547) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationAdminImpl.listConfigurations(ConfigurationAdminImpl.java:190) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegionConfigurationSupport.findConfigurations(RegionConfigurationSupport.java:655) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegionConfigurationSupport.findSingletonConfiguration(RegionConfigurationSupport.java:554) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegionConfigurationSupport.configureComponentHolder(RegionConfigurationSupport.java:199) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.setRegionConfigurationSupport(BundleComponentActivator.java:763) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ConfigAdminTracker$1.addingService(ConfigAdminTracker.java:69) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ConfigAdminTracker$1.addingService(ConfigAdminTracker.java:41) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:870) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:183) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:318) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:261) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ConfigAdminTracker.(ConfigAdminTracker.java:86) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.(BundleComponentActivator.java:275) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:380) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:49) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:264) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:908) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:168) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:402) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:165) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1153) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:1036) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I’ve just installed openhab 2.5.0.M4 under docker, and there the cloud connector is working

I’ve uninstalled 2.4 (PURGE!) , installed and configured 2.5 from scratch and now all is working.
So to conclude, an upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 is not working 100%

does anyone know how to use cloud connector in Openhab 3.0

thanks Oliver

Could you be a bit more precise. You can configure your myopenHAB account in the settings menu.

found it thanks

1 Like