[SOLVED] OpenHab MQTT binding install - takes forever and does not install

I went into the open hab paperUI screen and the configuration and turned on Include 1.X Legacy bindings. After that I go to binding and select MQTT Binding and install it. On clicking Install the install text changes to circle and it keeps on rotating forever. I tried multiple times and waited for half an hour but it never comes back. Refreshed the page and again went to bindings and it again had install option, meaning it did not install.

Can anyone help ? I have Mosquitto installed and running as service.

As there is no mqtt2 binding yet, you don’t need to enable OH1 legacy bindings. This option does only enable those bindings which exist as v1 and v2 (e.g. knx1 and knx2).

If installing a binding fails, the first tipp is to restart openHAB. If this doesn’t suffice, you should shutdown openHAB and clear tmp and cache.

Sorry but I am new to all this. I was able to stop the service with command sudo service openhab2 stop. but there is no openhab folder under var/lib
the only openhab2 folder is under opt i.e. opt/openhab2 but then there is no cache folder under openhab2 just runtime, conf and addons folder

One more thing, just viewed the log at opt/openhab2/userdata/logs/openhab.log and it says,

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.mqtt/1.11.0
2018-06-29 13:33:58.719 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-mqtt1’: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.11.0
2018-06-29 13:34:58.715 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-mqtt1’: Error:
2018-06-29 13:35:58.751 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-mqtt1’: Error:

Any idea ?

Ok finally it is resolved. I did following,

stopped open hab service
deleted files from tmp and cache folder. They were inside userdata folder. Had to also face permissions issue on those files.
Changed addonsconfig and set as package = standard instead of minimal.
started open hab server
installed mqtt binding and this time it installed.

Thanks for all your help