[SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond

Hi, i wonder if someone can help me. I have followed the guide and have connected GND from TTL to GND of the Gateway. Then i connected TX from Gateway to RX on TTL and connected it to the USB. Then i powered the gateway. When i try to connect with Putty, i use 115200 for baudrate and COM1. Putty then opens a new window witch stays blank. I dont what im doing wrong. Any help would be nice.

Not working for me

I have been fighting with this a couple days now , but i finally got it… :slight_smile:

I had the same issue as you, with no output in Putty…
And the problem was that i wasn’t connected properly to TX on the gateway

So check the cable again…

I managed to get it working, port 9898 opened and discovered in OH.

Hey guys! Thanks for the info above. I’ve already connected to my gateway, but when I enter psm-set network.open_pf 3 it answer me psm_set_variable() failed with: -1.

psm-get network.open_pf answer 2. Ports are closed, try to restart the gateway - nothing, try to check and play with rx\tx wires - nothing. :frowning:

I can’t find any information about that. Could you help me?

G’day all,

Apologies for the cross post, but anyone have any idea on my issue whereby I am unable to get OH to effectively listen for Xiaomi heartbeats?

Hi,

I am having the same issue.as Oguz Kekec.
No answer in Putty on the Xiaomi Hub serial port.
Interface wired as : Tx-Rx, Rx-Tx, GND-GND

If I hit return in Putty, Hub remains blinking.
If I don’t hit return in Putty, Hub goes from blinking to fix blue light (standard behavior)

Any clue ?

Are you sure you turn on the gateway without connecting the RX gateway that you need to connect after turning on the gateway?

Thank you for fedd back.

When I apply AC to the gatewy, the serial link is not connected (Rx, Tx, GND not connected).
Just after applying AC to the gateway, I connect the serial link (Tx, Rx, GND) between the PC and the gateway and send “enter” with Putty.

I am using the EU version of the gateway of course.

maybe this is the problem? I opened ports in Chinese the other day, everything went smoothly.

My understanding is that the serial trick was for the EU version as Cadavre explained it on March 28.

I did it with the Chinese version

Solved! If you faced with that issue “psm_set_variable() failed with: -1”- use psm-delete network.open_pf and then psm-set network.open_pf 3. :smile:

Did you manage to enable services that allow to use Aquara EU Hub (Homekit) within Openhab?

1 Like

I am not working with OpenHAB, but with HomeAssistant.:frowning_face:

My understanding is do the serial trick to enable the EU services whether you run afterwards OpenHAB or HomeAssistant.

May be I miss something.

Continuing the discussion from [SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond:

Hi cadavre, i see that you finally figured out to connect the hub to HA.
I soldered and connected to UART and I’ve managed to get factory test mode. But when I exit it, it asks for login info. which I don’t know what they are. I’m stuck at this point. It drives me crazy. Could you please help me. I’m all newbie these stuff. I couldn’t understand how I will be able to reset password. Even don’t know how I will boot into bootloader and enter printenv command. :confused:

btw: My hub is DGNWG05LM. Its from Mi Smart Sensor Set global version

Hello!

I followed up your intructions with same hardware. it worked well.
I tried to open the ssh port with insert dropbear -p 22 with nano
i was root and CTR-X - save and overwrite.
I tried rebbot with device, but it was unreachable with mi home and it seems to be in …like i was connected with uart, but it wasnt
ok, reconnect with uart and check the boot. it booted but it seems.
i wiped out the rc.local file somehow.
can i got a copy of yours, or how can i restore it? :expressionless:

Thx!

Hi there,

I´m new in every direction. Nevertheless I managed to buy and install lots of shelly and xiaomi gadgets and get them running on their respective apps. Also I got myself a brand new raspberry 4 with 4GB and managed to get openhab running and the network binding installed, as well as the xiaomi mi smart home binding.

I enabled the developer mode on the xiaomi app (IOS), turned on the access and noted the “password”. I tried to connect the gateway like in this video. However, no thing can be found. I tried manually but with no success.

Eventually I found this thread. I have the xiaomi gateway, not aquara. In the app it says “lumi.gateway.v3”. Next step I´ll try to find out whether port 9898 is open. Although I don´t know how, yet. Any easy description? Additionally I´ll try to find out what the following things mean:

• nmap
  • putty
  • monkeycom
  • UART
  • tcpdump
  • MQTT

If I find a definition for dummies I´ll share. If there´s is a" how to use", tutorial or something already I appreciate a link.

Meanwhile some questions for you:

1. If the port 9898 is closed, is soldering and UART the only solution?
  2. I thought of a zigbee stick as an alternative. This thread suggests that a zigbee stick with the zigbee binding is not working well. Is this a good alternative to point 1, or not?
  3. What is zigbee2mqtt? This thread says there is a binding but the addon list does not say so. Is this an alternative and how does it work?
  4. The gateway cannot reach the sensor in the garage. If I read this right, xiaomi range extention is only possible with another xiaomi device with AC power? Correct?

Thanks so far

restore from /etc/rc.local.mi, cmd: vi /etc/rc.local->:r rc.local.mi->Esc->:wq

Managed to empty out my rc.local file and save it by accident, had some putty terminal issue. Does anyone have a copy for the aqara gateway, its the one with all the RX, TX, GDN pins on the side of gateway? @cadavre