[SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond

Does somebody know where to connect what to get the port 9898 openend?

Hi, guy’s!
With my hub I made everything above by instruction, made soldering, connected and see, that network.open_pf equals 3, but ports are still not available. What else can help to open ports?

@Victor_Romanchuk Did you get valid results with putty?
If so, can you please share a photo how to connect the pins?
Thank you.

@dgiese Maybe you can help here. Thanks.

yes, sure. I made typical connection, like on pic, connected correctly via putty, got correct answer from hab, got value of open_pf, it equals 3.

Hello @Victor_Romanchuk,
this is a different gateway you are working on.
We are talking about the Xiaomi Multi Mode Gateway v3 (Model ZNDMWG03LM).
We need to get the port openend for our device.
Who can help?

Pic is from internet, that was not my picturе, but connection the same. Data from my device:
Version no:272
网关ID:131875487
Zigbee通道:25
网关信息:
{“life”:486863,“cfg_time”:0,“token”:“9b5e8d7b5fb46b9afc5eab5572d2cb99”,“mac”:“04:CF:8C:8F:B1:CD”,“fw_ver”:“1.4.1_175”,“hw_ver”:“MW300”,“model”:“lumi.gateway.v3”,“mcu_fw_ver”:“0220”,“wifi_fw_ver”:“SD878x-14.76.36.p84-702.1.0-WM”,“ap”:{“rssi”:-65,“ssid”:“mushrooooms”,“bssid”:“C4:6E:1F:99:B9:91”},“netif”:{“localIp”:“192.168.1.127”,“mask”:“255.255.255.0”,“gw”:“192.168.1.1”,“gw_mac”:“C4:6E:1F:99:B9:92”},“mmfree”:176248,“ot”:“ott”,“otu_stat”:[204,196,3794,324,3343,671],“ott_stat”:[139,9,3,1016]}

子设备信息:
[{“model”:“lumi.lock.v1”,“did”:“lumi.158d00028e3575”,“name”:“Door lock”},{“model”:“lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2”,“did”:“lumi.158d0004448587”,“name”:“Gates”},{“model”:“lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2”,“did”:“lumi.158d000446c08d”,“name”:“Gdoor”},{“model”:“lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2”,“did”:“lumi.158d000446fbaf”,“name”:“Entrance”},{“model”:“lumi.weather.v1”,“did”:“lumi.158d00044f06c5”,“name”:“Sauna”}]

Just wanted to add to the list.

I have 3 Mi Gateways, 2 I can connect to OpenHab, the third one does not connect. All are “round” versions. It may has something todo that on the third one I enabled the developer mode AFTER I updated the firmware.

mac fw text ok
04:cf:8c:8f:9b:cd 1.4.1_175 Round Works with OpenHab2
7c:49:eb:88:b4:e7 1.4.1_175 Round Works with OpenHab2
50:ec:50:c5:14:57 1.4.1_175 Round OpenHab2 cannot find it

Also maybe interesting, I noticed that on the two gateways that work the printing on the back is “fatter”. When you compare the printings the gateway that does not work has a much thinner printing, you can easily recognize it on the three logos at the bottom.

This worked perfectly!!
Thank you for the guide and pictures :slight_smile:

It works for the Mija Gateway V2, but we use the Mija Multi Mode Gateway V3 (Model ZNDMWG03LM).
Can you pleae show where you connected the pins since the platine is different and has different connectors.

Were you really able to open the port for this multi mode gateway?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

SUGGESTION:

I now read almost all of this thread and I think it contains a lot of useful information but a lot of people seem to mix things up, or maybe I am the only one with this problem…

The correct answer to the original question got already answered and is beautifully summarized with a step by step guide with pictures in post #266

This answer is valid for the “Xiaomi Mijia Gateway V2” and should be marked as the answer to this topic so that everybody sees it instantly.

Then there are a lot of people commenting regarding the “Aqara Gateway” and it’s ssh access. The gateway looks almost the same from the outside and uses the same app but IS NOT the “Xiaomi Mijia Gateway V2” the original question was aimed add.

And now there are more and more people commenting regarding the “Xiaomi Mijia Multimode Gateway 3” which is a new version of the Xiaomi Mijia Gateway. This also adds to the confusion because everybody is posting criss-cross.

I think I would be good if new threads get started for the “Xiaomi Mijia Multimode Gateway 3” and “Aqara Gateway” to discuss those in their own topics?

This would make things easier for everybody in my opinion and people with this issue do not need to read > 300 posts to find the one post with the answer to the original question.

Xiaomi Mijia Gateway V2” = directly plugged in power socket, MIJIA Logo in the center
Xiaomi Mijia Multimode Gateway 3” = power via a Micro-USB cable, , MIJIA Logo in the center
Aqara Gateway” = directly plugged in power socket, AQARA Logo in the center

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder to check the zigbee2mqtt project.

Maybe some of you could save a lot of time solving their issue by by-passing the gateway to pair item in Openhab using a CC2531 USB dongle and the zigbee2mqtt project.

Can you please describe the wiring / pins? Which function has which cable?
Was the integration in oh successful?
Where you got the dev key?

@Ingo1977 did you found a solution?

Hello,

I tried to apply this solution:

but during soldering I removed the point of copper of TX, anyone with a multimeter could identify an other entry point for TX (there’s a lot of TPxx point on the board)

thanks for your help

Here you can find a new thread regarding the…

Thank you very much, just one thing about SSH, for me it worked like this:

root@imx6ullxxxxxxxx:/etc/init.d/dropbear start (to test ssh server)

root@imx6ullxxxxxxxx:/etc/rc5.d# cp …/rc2.d/S10dropbear . (to star daemon on startup, check runlevel on boot)

I’m also verry interested for a solution :wink:

Here I posted some Information of hacking ZNDMWG03LM:

1 Like

I have no idea what you exactly are saying, (Im not a coder) but it sounds awesome if you mange to get the gateway to work :smiley:

This looks awesome. :clap:
I will buy one and try. I think you are right when you wrote “This gateway has much more potential that you may think.”

Hi, I’m trying to edit my Mi Home V3 gateway.
I have the token, have managed to enable telnet (php miio-cli.php --ip 192.168.10.195 --token **** --sendcmd ‘{“id”:0,“method”:“enable_telnet_service”, “params”:[]}’)

Then i telnet 192.168.10.195

Trying 192.168.10.195...
Connected to 192.168.10.195.
Escape character is '^]'.

rlxlinux login: admin
Lumi Linux version 3.0
  _               _    _  _
 | |             |_|  | ||_|
 | | _  _  _____  _   | | _ ____  _   _  _  _
 | || || ||     \| |  | || |  _ \| | | |\ \/ /
 | || || || | | || |  | || | | | | |_| |/    \
 |_|\____||_|_|_||_|  |_||_|_| |_|\____|\_/\_/

For further information check:
https://www.aqara.com

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2020-03-19 12:38:22 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

and in /etc/services i find

MijiaRootCert.pem hostapd_1.wps_upnp
avahi-autoipd.action hostapd_none.conf
ble_info hostapd_test.conf
ca-certificates.crt hostapd_wep.conf
ecryptfs-passphrase hostapd_wpa2.conf
ecryptfs-wrap-passphrase hosts
factory_test.conf important.txt
hapd_none-2g init.d
hapd_none-5g inittab
hapd_none-wlan0-2g localtime
hapd_none-wlan0-5g mime.types
hapd_psk.wpa-mix mosquitto
hapd_psk.wpa-tkip motd
hapd_psk.wpa-wps2-mix myhostapd.conf
hapd_psk.wpa2-ccmp myhostapd2.conf
hapd_psk.wpa2-ccmp-wlan0-2g myhostapd3.conf
hapd_psk.wpa2-ccmp-wlan0-5g mywpa-wep.conf
hapd_wep mywpa-wpa2.conf
host.conf mywpa.conf
hostapd.accept passwd
hostapd.conf passwd_default
hostapd.deny ppp
hostapd.eap_user resolv.conf
hostapd.eap_user_sqlite rootfs_fw_info
hostapd.none services
hostapd.none_security shadow
hostapd.radius_clients shadow_default
hostapd.sim_db smb.conf
hostapd.vlan udhcp
hostapd.wpa_psk version
hostapd.wps_upnp wpas.conf
hostapd_0.wps_upnp

Anything useful?

BTW: I have “ Xiaomi Mijia Multimode Gateway 3 ” = power via a Micro-USB cable, , MIJIA Logo in the center