[SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond

I had the same. Then I found out my cable (step 9) was not properly connected. Check your connection, soldering or try a new cable.

1 Like

Are you connected to VCC?
I also used VCC for the first time,and the messages doesnt stop,later I plugged it into a socket ,then putty displays information normally,TRY it

Hi @selbolder, are you resolve hieroglyphs problem?

first of all sorry for my english.
I followed the procedure to the letter but impossible to have the hand in putty.
I can’t get the # to be able to enter the commands:
psm-set network.open_pf 3 and psm-get network.open_pf
for information I am in version 1.4.1_175.0220

thanks for your help i’m going crazy: '(

sorry everything is ok and it was my fault thanks for your tutorial i spent the day for some bullshit when i could have done it in 5 minutes :sob::sob::sob:

Hi! I have aqara gateway. I can connect succesfully to the gateway with uart. But i can’t really modify the “bootargs” parameters. After i modify it and add “init=/bin/bash” and reboot the gateway, always put the original boot. I use the latest firmware. What can i do?

Hi,

Thanks for all of your hard work. I got the UK version of the plug with the board similar to yours. I managed to gain root access but even after adding dropbear before the fac_test line, and restarting the device, I still get connection refused when trying to ssh into the gateway.

Can anyone help please?

There might be more than one rc. file. Please add dropbear to each, because UK gateway might use another one.

BTW First try to run dropbear just from command line. See if it starts ok and if you can connect via SSH to the gateway from another computer (even if still connected to RX/TX).

Thanks will try adding it to all rc files. Did try that from the CLi and it showed a new line, without any errors, but still could not ssh into it :no_mouth:

Hello, i am stuck at trying to start the ssh server by running /etc/init.d/dropbear start but all i get is:

Starting Dropbear SSH server: Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
dropbearkey: Could not resolve hostname rsa: Name or service not known

Running the command dropbear -p 22 returns the “help” for the dropbear command:

usage: ssh [-46AaCfGgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-B bind_interface]
[-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-D [bind_address:]port]
[-E log_file] [-e escape_char] [-F configfile] [-I pkcs11]
[-i identity_file] [-J [user@]host[:port]] [-L address]
[-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port]
[-Q query_option] [-R address] [-S ctl_path] [-W host:port]
[-w local_tun[:remote_tun]] destination [command]

Do you have any clue how to move forward? I would like to transfer by SCP the client from rothm.

Thanks!

Just an update, was able to initialize dropbear on boot. Here are the last few lines of my rc.local file for reference:

echo "========== start mi================="
echo "===================================="
/lumi/app/miio/start_ot.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &
/home/root/gw > /dev/null 2>&1 &
/etc/init.d/dropbear start &
/home/root/fac/fac_test

I have ssh enabled. YEESS!! Now for the rest :slight_smile:

Did you try to do this as a root user while connected to the hub via serial?

Yes, i have set the new password for root and i can access the OS.

as the root user paste this:

/etc/init.d/dropbear start

You should see a response indicating the ssh service has started. Then, try to ssh into the gateway from terminal or any other ssh tool

I have try this already, but i get the errors:

Starting Dropbear SSH server: Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
dropbearkey: Could not resolve hostname rsa: Name or service not known

Check out this link for more info: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/22078#issuecomment-495891496

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already tried those things :frowning:
Maybe the version of my gateway doesn’t have the ssh embedded.
I have notices that the firmware version is 1.6.8 and in Aqara Home app (iOS) it shows that a new version is available (1.9.1) and if i try to install it, it shows that it succeeded but the reported version is back at 1.6.8

This is how it looks like from inside:
gw v3|666x500

Did you try this?
https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-openhab2-xiaomi-mi-gateway-does-not-respond/52963/212?u=esc247

Yes, i did.
I don’t have the key’s in that folder but when i type the command, the result is the same as any command that involves dropbear.

Does any one know if I can pair any other Zigbee devices (like an Innr bulb) to this gateway?