[SOLVED] Osram Lightify Binding mysteriously disappeared without upgrading openHAB

Hi there!

This is a noob question, I guess. Recently, before performing my upgrade to openHAB 2.3, I wondered why my Osram Lightify Plugs do not work anymore. Then I discovered the the Osram Lightify Binding was not marked as installed in the Paper UI. So here are my questions:

a) Why can a binding disappear suddenly?
b) Is there some relation to the binding being acquired as market place binding?
c) How are bindings updated? Can this happen without me initiating a update?
d) I was thinking that binding updates come in only via an upgrade of openHAB. But most likely this is not true for market place bindings. In that case: how can I update a market place binding?

Best regards,
cd_

Yes, those need to be installed again after upgrading. This is no bug.

Recently, before performing my upgrade to openHAB 2.3, I wondered why my Osram Lightify Plugs do not work anymore.

The plugin disappeared BEFORE I upgraded to openHAB 2.3.

Judging from Distributing bindings through the IoT Marketplace the binding should only disappear AFTER performing the distro upgrade, right?

Right. It also disappears if you clear cache and tmp folder.

Ah, that explains it. I had to delete cache and tmp folders due to errors in the file system which kept openHAB from starting up.

Thank you!

1 Like