[SOLVED] Problem with Multiple Channels in Item (knx, weather)

Hi there. Im using OH2.3 with knx2 binding and yahoo weather binding.

Im having problems since updating to knx2 Binding.

My KNX.things file lookes like this:

Bridge knx:ip:bridge [ 
    ipAddress="192.168.15.21", 
    portNumber=3671, 
    localIp="192.168.15.34", 
    type="TUNNEL", 
    readingPause=50, 
    responseTimeout=10, 
    readRetriesLimit=3, 
    autoReconnectPeriod=1,
    localSourceAddr="9.9.9"
]{
    Thing device generic [
        //address="1.2.3",
        fetch=true,
        pingInterval=300,
        readInterval=3600
    ] {
        Type number         : Temp_Aussen                   "AuĂźentemperatur"                   [ga="9.001:6/1/200"]
}
}

My KNX item looks like

Number      Temp_Out                "Außentemperatur [%.1f °C]"                   <temperature>   (temperature)                                 { channel="yahooweather:weather:erkrath:temperature" , channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Temp_Aussen" } 

The Temp_Out Item gets Updated by the yahooweatherplugin but not send to the knx bus.
I could do this with a rule, but this would be the better way.

Any ideas?

Ok i got it. Have to use the number-control Type in a seperate control.things file. Now the channel linking is working and yahooweather directly posts the temperature to my knx bus.

Hello! I have the problem like you. But I don`t understand clear what did you do. Can you show your working code here? Thanks.

Hi Pavel,

Not sure whether you found the solution in the meantime.
In my case I copied the same settings from the knx.things, named the “bridge” to “bridgeControl” and everything works.
Not sure if this is the correct way but the documentation about the control setup is very incomprehensible.

control.things:

Bridge knx:ip:bridgeControl [ 
    ipAddress="192.168.178.22", 
    portNumber=3671, 
    localIp="192.168.178.20", 
    type="TUNNEL", 
    readingPause=50, 
    responseTimeout=10, 
    readRetriesLimit=3, 
    autoReconnectPeriod=1
] {
    Thing device hue1 "Bedroom: Philips Hue myLiving Pine" @ "KNX" {
            Type switch-control        : controlSwitch        "Control Switch"        [ ga="1/5/21+1/5/20"]
            Type dimmer-control        : controlDimmer        "Control Dimmer"        [ increaseDecrease="1/5/22", frequency=300 ]
    }

Thing device hue23 "Bedroom: Philips Hue Bed Right" @ "KNX" {
        Type switch-control             : controlSwitch        "Control Switch"        [ ga="1/5/41+1/5/40"]
        Type dimmer-control             : controlDimmer        "Control Dimmer"        [ increaseDecrease="1/5/42", frequency=300 ]
    }
}
2 Likes

Thanks! I solved my problem in another way:
knx.thing

ntp:ntp:TimeNew  [ hostname="nl.pool.ntp.org", refreshInterval=300, refreshNtp=30 ]

Bridge knx:ip:bridge 
[
    //ordinal knx setups//
]
{
        Thing device NTP  
    {
        Type datetime-control : DateVD01 [ ga="11.001:1/0/10" ]
        Type datetime-control : TimeVD01 [ ga="10.001:1/0/11" ]
        //Type datetime-control : DateTime  [ ga="19.001:7/0/2" ]
    }

}

items.items:

DateTime DateAndTime7 "Date & Time [%1$tH:%1$tM]"	 { channel="ntp:ntp:TimeNew:dateTime,knx:device:bridge:NTP:DateVD01,knx:device:bridge:NTP:TimeVD01" }