[SOLVED] Pull Request DCO failed

Hi all
I tried adding a few lines to the GA documentation to clarify some things about myopenhab.org and exposing items to it (see conversation). However when I do a pull request for the changes to get reviewed and published, it says the checks have failed. I don’t know how to resolve this.

Thanks for helping once again!

If you click on “Details” next to the failed check, you’ll find instructions how to solve that.

I did. I installed the DCO plugin but nothing changed. It says I need to execute a certain command but I have no clue where to execute it.

The instructions assume you used the git program to submit the PR code.

This looks like it might work. Just add a line with your name / email address like this example:

Contributors sign-off that they adhere to these requirements by adding a Signed-off-by line to commit messages.

This is my commit message

Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <random@developer.example.org>
1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks for the link @5iver! I think I did the right thing now but when does the bot scan again for the sign-off message?

The checks will run after each commit, and your PR only has the one commit without a signoff. Run the suggested commands from the root of your local repo. Eclipse and VS Code have GUI options for adding a signoff and amending commits.

What is the added value of requiring a certain footer line in a commit?

The documentation link I shared explains it.

1 Like