[SOLVED] Pushover: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Hello,

my Name is Peter and I am new to OpenHAB but I am already addicted. Until now I found everything over Forum and the search, but I have a Problem which bothers me a lot.

I use pushover for my Information (e.g. from Homematic), but I cannot get this to work with OpenHAB

I installed pushover over Paper UI and my pushover.cfg is as follows:

defaultUser=<my user>
defaultToken=<myToken>
defaultTitle=openHAB

When using

sendPushoverMessage(pushoverBuilder("test message"))

the error is always:

2018-10-04 16:03:05.939 [WARN ] [ab.action.pushover.internal.Pushover] - Method failed: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

Is someone able to help me find my mistake?

Thank you very much
Peter

Sorry - please don’t kill me, but the error was easy to solve.

I had a typo in defaultToken. I hope someone with the same error message will find this post.

Best regards
Peter

I have tried so many versions of settings to get pushover working, they all fail with the same " ```
Method failed: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.
``"

Can some one post working examples please so I can cross check?

I had the same problem but worked it out by debugging through postman.

1. Create account in Pushover
  2. Create Application/API Token
  3. Create subscription URL for that Application
  4. Subscribe yourself to that application
  5. Take careful note of the parameters when configuring /etc/openhab2/services/pushover.cfg

defaultToken - this is the API token
defaultUser - this is not the friendly device key (my mistake) but the user key that you get the from the pushover portal.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that info @habau it saved me some time, it certainly is confusing with so many keys that are not consistently named. I opted to leave the cfg file alone nothing filled in and instead to do it with each action in the rule…

sendPushoverMessage(pushoverBuilder("Sending GIF from backyard").withApiKey("abcdefg12345").withUser("abcdefg12345").withDevice("MyPhone").withAttachment("/tmpfs/Camera1/ipcamera.gif"))

.withUser( Application API Token/Key)

.withApiKey( Your User Key )

It was way more worse before these changes were made to the binding.