[Solved] Remote URL works / local URL doesn't work

Hi Forum

strange behavior: OH 1.8.2 was running fine on my windows machine until I did some windows updates and a java update.

Now I can connect to OH only remote via my.openhab.org - but via local network it doesn’t work. I’m getting in chrome the error


IP on windows machine was and is static, nothing changed in the network configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a windows firewall issue. I still haven’t figured out how I can run something for weeks, and then all of a sudden windows’ firewall will wake up and ask me if that program should be allowed to talk to the network!

Yes, it is running on a windows 7 machine.

I was also thinking about a firewall issue but a quick check didn’t bring up any abvious issues.

Do you have experience how it has to be configured?

Depends on how security conscious you want to be. :wink:

If you want to be lazy, tell windows’ firewall to let java do whatever it wants to, everywhere.

If you want to be more proactive, tell windows’ firewall to let java use port 8080 everywhere.

(Thinking about it, it’s possible that since java was updated now windows doesn’t recognize it… that would actually make sense and is how windows’ firewall should work.)

Just found the issue:

In the firewall rules the java path wasn’t updated. There was still mentioned
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_73
but correct is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77

Now everything is working fine again. Thanks for the food for thought :slight_smile:

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.youtube.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Here are some suggestions:
• Reload this webpage later.
• Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
• Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall’s or antivirus software’s settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
• If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu >Settings > Show advanced settings… > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox.

Error 7 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.
I have windows internet explorer 8.
I didn’t use it long time ago , now when try to enter it , it displays blank page and page is constantly crushing and recovering ‘‘This tab has been recovered. A problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab.’’ And then it’s not responding so,i cant go to options or anything like that.
Now methods
In 1st method when i click on ‘‘fix this problem’’ link ,the same thing happens as when i try to connect to YT.
In 2nd method when i ran regsvr32 mshtml.dll‏ ,i get message '‘mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.’'
and when i ran regsvr32 msjava.dll‏,i get message ‘‘LoadLibrary(’‘msjava.dll’’) failed - The specified module could not be found.