[Solved] Remote ZXT-120 zwave no channels

For an offline version, you will either need to update to a complete new offline version, or manage the update manually (which may be as simple as uninstalling the binding, and adding the new binding and its dependancies into the addons folder). Really, I would suggest to use the online version as it’s much easier…

Ok I will try to work out how to do this!

After looking at this properly, it looks like it is in the database. Everything actually looks ok - why do you say there are no channels? Can you provide an image showing what’s in the channel config area in HABmin?

The previous screenshot is where the channels should appear in paperui. That’s where they are for other things

There are no channels in habmin either but will grab a screenshot

I even tried guessing what the items file and sitemap should be but that didn’t work

Thanks
Andrew

I guess then I’d check the logs to see if there’s any errors and maybe grab a debug log to see what’s happening…

This is has happened to me multiple times, and appears to be a recurring issue. The problem is the “AU” extension of the device name “ZXT-120AU”.
See here Zwave ZXT-120 IR extender not showing channels
This device needs to be removed from the database and it will identify as “ZXT-120” (sans the AU region extension).
Chris, is there any way to stop this happening? It’s the main reason I don’t update to newer snapshots as I’m stuck using Offline (on windows) it can be a real pain.
Hope this helps, cheers.

Liam

Sorry, but it’s absolutely nothing to do with the extension AU - the database doesn’t use this at all.

The issue is that some manufacturers use different device type/id values for different regions - this is what the database uses to correlate a device to a database entry - not the “AU” extension. When a new device, or new region, or whatever, is produced by the manufacturer, then it needs to be updated in the database.

Unfortunately, devices and their references need to be added to the database in order to get the configuration. Really, there’s no way around this. Once they are added, then it’s there for good - until the manufacturer changes the device firmware.

I’m not sure I understand this :confused:. Once a device type/id is added to the database, it will just about never be removed, so devices shouldn’t disappear once they are added. The only time a type/id is removed is if there’s some sort of conflict, and that’s very very rare, and I try and work out what’s going on before doing this - I think it’s only happened once or twice.

It’s probably also worth noting that the issue being discussed here doesn’t appear to be related to the database device detection as the device appears to be detected correctly from the images above -:

The problem here is that there are no channels being created - not that the device itself isn’t found…

Sorry Chris, I must’ve misunderstood the reason for the problem in our last conversation.
But this is exactly what was happening to me in the post I linked to, my device correctly identified as “ZXT-120AU” but no channels would appear. You were able to fix the issue in the database and then my device started identifying as “ZXT-120” with all channels.

Ok, thanks. It looks like for some reason this rogue device came back - I’ll remove it again. The issue here is that there are two devices with the same type/id and if the system picks up the wrong one, then it doesn’t work (I’m not sure if search order is going to be constant).

Hopefully this will fix the problem @Andrew_Pawelski is having so thanks for the reminder (and if it comes back again - please just yell at me :slight_smile: ).

Thanks Chris, i grabbed the latest offline snapshot to see if this fixed the problem but I think I jumped a bit quick as I am guessing the change will only go in overnight?

Well, it should have been in the build from last night, so I was a bit surprised to see your message ;).

I think I might have found the cause - in the database, most of the time I don’t delete devices - they instead get tagged as deleted and then not displayed. However I think that the exporter is still exporting them even when they are marked as deleted, so this device keeps popping up again…

I’ve just manually deleted it and kicked off a new build which should take about 30 minutes - hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, please let me know.

OK sorry for the noob questions - if I wait an hour or so and download the latest snapshot I should see the fix?

Yes - although it might depend on where you download from…

I think if you go here to download the JAR, it should be ok…

If you go here you can see if the build is still running or not (bottom left corner).

Thanks Chris your support is incredible

pretty sure the jar had finished but unfortunately same result

it initially comes up as unknown not sure if this helps?

I noticed the build failed, although it looks like the zwave jar did build ok before something died so I would have thought it would be ok. The ZXT-120AU is no longer in the binding thing list so I suspect that you’ve still got an old binding somehow.

Looking deeper at the link I gave you - the ‘latest successful build’ is linking to the build from yesterday. Try this one which links to the failed build.

Im copying the jar to:
/opt/openhab2/runtime/system/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Hope this step is correct.

If I look in habmin I see the supported things:

My guess is it might still be running the (old) version from your offline package. Did you uninstall the binding in HABmin first, then add the new JAR into the addons, and also the serial transport bundle?

Alternatively, log on to the console and you can check what version is running. You can also uninstall just the zwave bundle from there, leaving all dependancies loaded, and then (hopefully!!) drop in the new binding to the addons folder.

no i just replaced the file in the above location and restarted

will try what you said above