[SOLVED] [rrd4j] Chart is not working

It is working now. As I expected the Grafana Package was missing.

Solution was:

SSH in Openhab

sudo openhabian-config

Go to “20 Optional Components” > “24 InfluxDB+Grafana” <>

After installation and reboot it is working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ups! Why would/ should packages needed for not used components solve the problem with charts? I have no clue!

I have no idea but it is working :star_struck:

I also can confirm this behaviour

Great work P4trick!
Worked for me too!

Unbeliveable… Same for me, had the same issue and this worked. Thank you!

@maisen20, @crutjohan, @J35u5fr34k, @P4trick
Could you please post what kind of openhabian installation you have (stable, Milestone, snapshot all with the respective version #) .
I’m on a openhabian version running the stable 2.4 release and had no issue with the charts nor with rrd4j!

My openhabian installation:
openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1572

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I just stumbled upon the same issue and managed to solve it without installing Grafana. As I came up at this thread, I want to share my solution for future users experiencing the same problem.

The problem is simply a missing font package. Simply installing

sudo apt install libfontconfig1

did it for me. After a restart of the openhab2 service the graphs are now working for me.

Greetings, Level147

4 Likes

Thanks to you. I had exactly the same problem and it is now working again.
Just for your information.
I got the following error message after the installation. But after the reboot went everything fine.

[ERROR] [nternal.extensions.ExtensionResource] - Exception while installing extension: No extension service registered for influxdb

For me it was another reason that the charts weren’t working: I have two persistence services (rrd4j and mongodb) running. In this case, I ran into an error “persistence unqueryable”. To fix this, set a default persistence service in the Openhab UI, “Settings > Persistence > RRD4j”.