[SOLVED] Schlage BE469ZP Lock includes as unknown device

Don’t worry about this. After 232, the nodes will wrap back around to 1 and fill in the gaps where there are no devices.

Just to confirm, you are performing the inclusion through OH and not directly with an unplugged Aeon Zstick?

In your controller Thing settings, what do you have for Z-Wave Network Settings> Secure Inclusion Mode? This is best set to Entry Control Devices. Set the zwave binding to DEBUG and tail your openhab.log file during inclusion and while waiting for the device to initialize. Sometimes it helps to restart OH. Have you tried excluding and then hard resetting the lock? After secure inclusion, just wait with it in the Inbox.

Just to confirm, you are performing the inclusion through OH and not directly with an unplugged Aeon Zstick?

Yup the gen5 stick has been plugged in and all done via OH.

Just set inclusion mode to Entry Control Devices. It was set to not use security.
Will see if that works. I’ll pull it off and try it again closer to the stick.

That will make a big difference!

After enabling security, try the inclusion where is installed. Newer devices are much better at secure inclusion from a distance. You may be surprised.

Oh yes, this is a great point too. I have this working and here’s the controller config in Habmin.

I also agree you can fairly safely ignore the old “include from inches away advice.” Yes, I used to do this in the early days of zwave, but I’ve been able to safely include where installed for most devices for several years now, even for locks.

Well I’ll be! Sure enough … tried to do an inclusion after changing the Secure Inclusion Mode… worked fine. Thanks for helping me out! I was going crazy… That might have been the last thing I would have checked too. I left it installed, pretty far away from the controller and was discovered fine. I did worry that it wouldn’t update the status of the lock based on manual locking as some of the older ones were reported. But seems fine. So I have 3 channels - Door Lock, Alarm(raw) and Battery Level.

Any luck adding access codes or changing them without setting it via the REST API? I don’t see much documented there but looked like it was possible to do in HABmin?

Yes, you can change codes in Habmin and through the REST API, which can also be done in a rule.

You won’t need a rule triggered on alarm_raw to update the lock’s state, but you will everything else in there… like identifying who has unlocked the lock.

Thanks @5iver. I don’t use HABmin a bunch but I don’t see where you can do that easily. Was going to watch what it did. I think the REST API is nice and definitely going mess with that and try to do a rule. I’d love to be able generate a code and push it to share and an easy way to disable in a sitemap… will take some tinkering.

You can change codes in PaperUI, as well. Edit the thing’s configuration and you’ll see a section for User Codes. Any codes that are filled will display “2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A”. To change them, you just have to type in your four-digit code and save the thing. OH should sync the codes at the next update.

Maybe mine is missing something. Should I see more than these 3 channels? I don’t see User Codes in PaperUI under the thing’s configuration.

You can, but you can also mess up your device this way. Never use Paper UI for configuring Z-Wave devices! Secure devices are even more prone to having issues after using it.

Configuration> Things> select the Thing for your lock> User Code

Don’t be confused when they all display as 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A 2A. IIRC, this was intentional obfuscation.

Whoa, I didn’t know that at all. I’ve only done it once and it worked out fine, but…earlier advice retracted!

Thanks, @5iver!

2 Likes

@5iver so that’s where I looked in HABmin but figured I was missing something. Is it supposed to come as channels for user codes? I see 3 channels and nothing on user codes in there. Yours looks like that?

I have BE469s and they look like…

There was a recent post about another lock that did not have User Code displayed for their lock…

Which OS and browser are you using? Do you see any errors when you turn on the developer console in your browser (usually f12) and select the Thing for your lock?

Oh yea definitely missing that. I’m in Chrome. and definitely seeing some errors:

Could you try Firefox?

Same errors in current FF. Does it pull those all from the REST? Oddly I have a few LZW31-SN red dimmers and I can edit those fine.

Actually… I can see the editable bits when I drill down. Am I maybe missing something in Hadmin to parse that?

in FF:

All of the UIs use the REST API to get their data. It looks as if the data is returned, but is not able to be displayed.

Out of curiosity, how many lock codes does your lock support? If you don’t know, you will find them in the XML file generated for the device. You’ll find these in $OPENHAB_USERDATA\zwave\ and they have the node number in the name. My locks only have 30 and I’m wondering if the number of codes could be related.

Has 30 so not sure if this is the same on yours or mine maybe has an off js file. But in bindingModel.js

32: eventSrc = new EventSource("/rest/events?topics=smarthome/binding/*");

And if I take the parameters off the query I get events. They’re all singular (topic) so if I try that (http://192.168.1.101:8080/rest/events?topic=smarthome/binding/*) I get something back. Maybe the JS isn’t the most updated?

If I request: http://192.168.1.101:8080/rest/events?topics=smarthome/binding/* I get nothing back.