[SOLVED] sendNotification not working after upgrade to 2.4.0.M6

After upgrading from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0.M6, sendNotification no longer works. They worked fine before.
I’m guessing from the lack of similar posts that it me :confounded:, but I’m stuck how to track it down.

I have switched on DEBUG for org.openhab.io.openhabcloud and made a rule to test with:

rule "Test"
when
    Item Test changed
then
    sendNotification("myEmail", "Test")
end

This shows success in the log:

[DEBUG] [b.io.openhabcloud.NotificationAction] - sending notification 'Test' to user myEmail

[DEBUG] [o.openhabcloud.internal.CloudService] - Sending message 'Test' to user id myEmail

But nothing appears in the Notifications section of myopenhab website.

I am clearly connected OK, because events are working e.g

DEBUG] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Sending update 'OPEN' for item 'DoorHallway'

and this appears in the Events tab.

Can anyone give some pointers on how to proceed?

I’m using a LAN connected Pi 3 Model B and openHABian.

I cannot reproduce this. All 3 actions work for me.

double check your email address in the rule?

use also the other 2 to see if they work.

Thanks for the ideas.
I checked my email address and it’s ok - as I said, this worked before the upgrade.
But both sendBroadcastNotification and sendLogNotification work.

So then I noticed that the email that shows when I’m logged into myopenhab.org is all lower case, as in davidread@blabla, but in my rules I use DavidRead@blabla

I changed the rule to use lower case and it works!

Success.

But that’s a bit weird. Has something changed in myopenhab recently? and it just happened to coincide with my upgrade timing?

1 Like

Solved?
Well yes, in my case it’s now working, but it still raises questions.

Is this unexpected behaviour, or should the requirement to use lower case email be added to the documentation?

who uses capital letters in email addresses? :stuck_out_tongue:

Errm… I do :astonished:, and after a quick check, others do too. It makes it easier for humans, but I do know that, as an email address, it’s case insensitive.

And that’s my point. I could use mixed case before, now I cannot. I thought the developer would be interested. No big deal.